Sako 6.5 for my wife

upacreek

I took my wife out gun shopping. I wanted to get a creedmore in a rifle she felt fit her best. We settled on a tika and shortly found out tika does not chamber anything in a 6.5 Creedmoor. So the guy at cabelas gave her a sako. My wife fell in love with it except for the length of trigger pull. Should not be a problem, right? I went home excited to order her new rifle to find nowhere on the interweb that indicates sako sells a 6.5 Creedmoor in a finnlight. I can find the 6.5x55 swede. So I am stuck. I could do the swede and my wife would never know the difference. She loves the rubber feel and fit of the stock.

Should I hold out for a Creedmoor? Or settle on a 6.5 swede? My wife has to have stainless and she shoots descent distances maybe out to 600yrds. The intent would be deer and antelope sized game out to 400-600 yards max.

I don't see anything wrong with a 6.5x55. I kinda wish I had one but I got some 6.5x284s so I kinda stick with them being I have everything for them. I think the creed more and Swede are close ballistically.

The swede is the 6.5 that started it all, I would go with that one. Ballistically speaking there is not much difference but I would give the edge to the swede in a good strong modern action. Swede brass is also very cheap and of very high quality and easy to find.

You could try the browning x-bolt 6.5 creedmore in the stainless stalker. It also has a rubberized coating on the stock that feels really nice. They also are really accurate rifles, fairly light, 60 degree bolt lift. 3.5lb trigger from the factory, and 4-500 dollars cheaper than the sako.

Would be worth checking out the Savage stainless Lightweight Hunter in 6.5 Creedmoor.

Doesn't have a rubber feel to the stock. But, the stock has good checkering that grips and has a slimmer profile and shorter length of pull that usually fits women very well. The rifle only weighs about 5.5 pounds. They are very nice.

Savage Arms

I would stay with the Creedmoor unless you will be handloading exclusively.

Sako don't do a CM - yet. Maybe next year given that Lapua is going to do the brass. Who knows?
If you load for her you could get the Sako in .260 Rem. I have one - a HB varmint. But what's wrong with 6.5x55? An accurate round that has dropped many a moose in Finland, Norway and Sweden over the years.

The 6.5 family are pretty similar ballistically.

Cheers

Nothing wrong with it. Just was hoping for the short action and a short cartridge for a short girl, lol. It's growing on me and I have already read a lot on the 6.5 Swede. Looks like Christmas is gonna be expensive this year.

Nothing wrong with it. Just was hoping for the short action and a short cartridge for a short girl, lol. It's growing on me and I have already read a lot on the 6.5 Swede. Looks like Christmas is gonna be expensive this year.

Don't have to be a girl. I have four Sako centre-fires, all in XS or S actions. Good luck with your choice.

Cheers

I have a sako 85 Bavarian carbine in 6.5x55, its short , handy and deadly accurate

might be for sale as I never shoot it. had it about 6mo, shot maybe 30 rounds breakin

wood is unbelievable:D

I have a finnlight 85 in 6.5x55. its a great caliber and exceptionally accurate. I recently decided to consider selling it and put the money towards better optics for my finnlight 300 wsm. you really can't go wrong with any of the 6.5's.

anybody have thoughts on the best way to sell a sako finnlight?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.