Tikka t3 lite for my wife

My last post made no sense. Do they just make brass for the 6.5x55? I think the bolt face is a little bigger than the 308 so would that cause problems down the road if you chambered into something different.

My last post made no sense. Do they just make brass for the 6.5x55? I think the bolt face is a little bigger than the 308 so would that cause problems down the road if you chambered into something different.

I am still trying to understand your question but will give it a try. The 308 is the parent cartridge for the 260. So long story short the 260 is a necked down 6.5 from a 308.

The 6.5 x55 has been around since before the '06 and has been used in Europe for everything up to and including moosse. The 6.5x55 is best in a long action as the 260 and 308 generally come from factory rifles with a short action.

I have an older 30-06 that has the barrel starting to show it's age and it will get a new 6.5x55 barrel. The 6.5x55 brass is easier to find right now than most brass in these crazy times.

"There is just one small item that has been missing from this conversation — the 6.5×55 has a non standard rim diameter of .479″ vs. the standard .473″ of a .308 and all of its varients. Depending on your bolt this may be an issue, or it may not." — Neil L.

This is a little article I read what is this saying? So if I got the 6.5x55 and later chambered one in a 260 will it work?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.