Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Medium

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Long

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JD Jones

I am building a 7SAUM and have had a couple of good conversations with those familiar with the cartridge however there's still a question in my head on action length. Like to poll the group. Reason why in the comments for bonus pts

Requirements: 20-22" barrel 8twist, sub 7# base weight,

In a perfect world xm, but this takes planning and ultimately a long wait if you want to choose your components.

I am building one on an xm action. All the parts are going to take most of a year to obtain. I'm all in on 7saum and so i have no worries about abandoning xm size action and stocks.

If you want versatility, i would go long action. Easy to get parts and keeps your options wide open in the future.

I voted long

Seems the stock offerings in mid length actions may be limited in choices. A long action for me is the way to go.

I mean your only talking 22.8 oz on a XM length and 23.4 oz on long action in the AntiX. The most logical and common sense build would be the long action and not confine your COAL.
Our conversations definitely have me leaning this way. In the back of my mind I'm thinking long term, I have tons of options if I wanna change thing up

I am building a 7SAUM and have had a couple of good conversations with those familiar with the cartridge however there's still a question in my head on action length. Like to poll the group. Reason why in the comments for bonus pts

Requirements: 20-22" barrel 8twist, sub 7# base weight,
I've found the tikka action pretty much unrivaled for short mag builds, the center feed mag will never give you problems.
I can't say the same for BDL style LA builds that I've done