7SAUM Feeding

Slim13

Good afternoon! I've got a 7mm Rem Mag that I'm growing tired of, thus I'm interested in the 7Saum. I love the efficiency and performance of my 6.5 Gap, so I'm taking a hard look at the 7Saum- (just bought 200 pcs of brass). I'm seeking information on feeding this cartridge from a long action, as I plan on shooting 180 VLD's primarily. Are there any BDL feeding options, or am I now in the territory of having to go the DBM route?
Thanks!

I would recommend a center feed mag box or Mag. The short mags all have a tendency to only hold two in the mag and if a third is placed in the mag It will sometimes pop out on it's own or when operating the bolt. The short mags tend to rise up sooner in the magazine and sometimes cause a miss feed or a double.

If you can find a center feed box, you shouldn't have any trouble or need any work on the rails. Also they can be tuned to perform flawlessly.

J E CUSTOM

Get a Quik Klip from Cabelas which replaces the bottom metal on the BDL for $119. I have one for my 7 Max on a LA BDL and it feeds flawlessly. They are listed for '06 size and belted magnum but it takes two minutes to spread the feed lips and done. While you're at it, chamber it in the 7 Max. You can shoot factory saum ammo and reload for up to 3000' with a 195. Also, ADG head stamped brass is available.
shermanwildcatcartridges.com

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.