DBM Feeding Issue

Sounds like you may have a tight neck chamber and maybe the berger is expanding the neck a little differently maybe causing it to stick but also sounds like you have a slight problem with your extracter. David
Necks are for sure larger with the Berger's. Hornady is measuring .3145 and the Berger's are measuring.316

I just fed and extracted 7 of the live Hornady rounds with no issues. I guess I'll have to try the VLD's and see if they measure the same as the elite hunters.

Take one of your berger rounds put a little vasiline on the neck chamber it see if it will extract if it does you found your problem then clean your gun and go from there. David

If the neck really is THAT tight to where different bullets won't fit, I would be getting it neck reamed because thats not enough clearance.
First check and make sure you dont have build up though. I like to run at least .003" clearance but it should never hang up from a couple tenths variation.

If the neck really is THAT tight to where different bullets won't fit, I would be getting it neck reamed because thats not enough clearance.
I kind of wonder if maybe his seating die isn't matching up with the long point on the berger and is tweaking it a little when seating but he should be able to feel the difference in the pressure on seating. David

I don't believe so. I have a saami chamber and from what I'm measuring I am .065 off the lands with the Berger's.
If you didnt have a saami chamber, I would wonder if you didnt have a custom tight necked chamber that was cut for turned brass and you ended up with zero clearance on factory brass.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.