Ruger precision

digger11

Ok tell me about your Ruger precision rifles. I just put one in 6.5 Creedmore in California prison. Don't know why I bought it,,, need had nothing to do with it... GRIN

I bought a rpr about a year ago in a .308. While the rifle shot good, the threads on the end of the barrel where cut at an angle so when I had my silencer on, it almost caused baffle strikes. Instead of sending it back to the factory, I just ordered a lri barrel and replaced it and yes the lri barrel made a huge difference in accuracy. I have also changed out almost every component on the gun that can be changed out. If I had to do it over again I probably would have just bought a trg. The rpr is nice but once you start changing components out the price of the goes into that of nicer rifles. I am sure you will like your rifle, I have heard nothing but good things for the ones that are chambered in 6.5

I've got a gen 1 in 243 Win that I picked up on a Christmas sale a few months ago. I found a couple bags of Winchester brass, some Berger 105 HVLDs and Hybrids and without much tuning it was instantly .4 -.6 MOA with Norma MRP with 105 HVLDs at 3020 fps. Now that the load is more refined, it's a solid .4 MOA or better 5 shot rifle past 300 yards. I've since installed a MI handguard, a Magpul PRS, and a titanium bolt shroud to spice it up a bit, but I'm still running the factory barrel with no problems.

I don't own one but know they shoot well. I have seen it in person at PRS matches.

Don Dunlap

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.