Ruger precision rifles

Sorry that was confusing wasn't it. The Savage Long Range Precision (LRP) is the Savage target action with the middle action screw removed and the bottom opened up for a drop box magazine. The LRP has the Savage target trigger (red blade) that is adjustable down to about 4 oz. Savage does a little extra to make sure these actions are stiff and true. If you look at one closely you can see that the top of the ejection port is not cut away on the top, like the standard action. They keep that metal there to keep the action stiff.

I've got the LRP in 6.5 Creedmoor. It's a tack driver. My first true 1/4 MOA rifle and it took very little load development to get it there. I'm reserving it for long range F Class (800-1000 yards). I do single feed it in that application though. Picked up a LRPV in 223 for midrange FTR. It's the same target action with a left port right bolt but single shot with a 1:7 twist to toss the 90's out to 1000 yards. So far it seems to be a tack driver as well. Got an order in for the RPR in 243 and I have high hopes for it based on what I've read. Hope it's as least as good as the Savage's have been.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts