Alamo Precision Rifles

Barker623

Hey guys I was just wondering if any of ya have an alamo precision rifle in there altitude line. Im looking at getting one built but I noticed they have a hinged floor plate and some manufacturers the tolerances are to tight to load bergers 0.010" or closer to the lands. Anyone of you guys running an alamo precision rifle and loading bergers for it? Thanks guys!

I have 2 rifles from them. One is a 6mm creed running 108 elite hunters on a 700 action and the other is a 6.5 PRC on a medium deviant shooting 156 eol's. I run both at max length without issues.

Regardless of who us making the rifle and if possible I try the send the Smith 5 dummy rounds that are full length sized. If the Smith has the ammo you want to shoot there is a much better chance that he will be able to make it function the first time.

Alamo makes amazing rifles!

I have 4 of their rifles. They will build you one ever how you want. That's just how they build most of their standard rifles in stock. They all shoot great. I can honestly say all 4 of mine are 0.3 moa or less shooters. Great service also.
Great to know! I am having them build me a 30 Nosler and they recommended doing it at SAMMI specs with their APR BDL in a 24in barrel and I was a bit hesitant because I wanted to get the best velocity possible and a slightly longer freebore for the 215's, but they insisted that it will be a shooter and to leave it at SAMMI specs. So I am hoping that I can get some good velocity and accuracy from this rifle.

Mine is built on a tenacity action and is what became the Maverick rifle. It's loaded in a sammi 30 Nosler. Pictured below is a 215 loaded at .020 off the lands. I'm now loading 230s to same spot. Both ran the same speeds, 2980 for best accuracy with a max of 3050 in ADG brass and H1k from a 26 inch barrel.

As stated above, all that I've owned from them were exceptional performers holding. 5moa to 600 yards.
Screenshot_20220906-071204_Gallery.jpg

They will build whatever. They build them kinda to the average joe pulling commercial ammo so that's their main customer. They are building one for me that is for my son for his new elk rifle. He's gonna be surprised. Had them assemble it because I wanted some special laser work done and coatings.

They will build whatever. They build them kinda to the average joe pulling commercial ammo so that's their main customer. They are building one for me that is for my son for his new elk rifle. He's gonna be surprised. Had them assemble it because I wanted some special laser work done and coatings.
Correct - but I did ask them about adding more freebore and upgrading to a 26in barrel and was told they do not even have a reamer to add more freebore to a 30 Nosler and that the 215's would run fine and that the velocity difference from 24 to 26 is not worth waiting 1 year for a barrel order. So while they may build it, they strongly suggested otherwise haha. But from looking at Slick's post above, it does not look like there will be any issues with their standard specs and a 215.

Mine is built on a tenacity action and is what became the Maverick rifle. It's loaded in a sammi 30 Nosler. Pictured below is a 215 loaded at .020 off the lands. I'm now loading 230s to same spot. Both ran the same speeds, 2980 for best accuracy with a max of 3050 in ADG brass and H1k from a 26 inch barrel.
great velocities and that seems long for SAMMI specs - I am getting excited for mine to come in!

The bergers are the only ones I've loaded that run that long.

I loaded 200 accubounds which seated a bit deeper and the fed TRL which is now the Ascent was even deeper. Both of these shot equally well ran similar speeds to the bergers. I ran similar powder charges but can't remember if I was at max capacity. I do expect these two bullets would run and pressure differently due to a longer bearing surface.

With the 230s, I'm just touching powder to bullet at 84.2 grains with a current load of 83.6 giving me 2980 with H1k. There's more speed to be gained with a hotter powder but I love the Hogedon extreme as it's pretty much all I shoot.

The one they are chambering for me is a 300 RUM. I had all the parts for the build I wanted and they are local to me so instead of me having to mess with the engraving and coating I let them do it. I really like their coatings and laser work.

Correct - but I did ask them about adding more freebore and upgrading to a 26in barrel and was told they do not even have a reamer to add more freebore to a 30 Nosler and that the 215's would run fine and that the velocity difference from 24 to 26 is not worth waiting 1 year for a barrel order. So while they may build it, they strongly suggested otherwise haha. But from looking at Slick's post above, it does not look like there will be any issues with their standard specs and a 215.

great velocities and that seems long for SAMMI specs - I am getting excited for mine to come in!
Yeah I'm gonna get 3 reamers made the way I want them and then just supply them to whoever I get to do my future barrel work.

The bergers are the only ones I've loaded that run that long.

I loaded 200 accubounds which seated a bit deeper and the fed TRL which is now the Ascent was even deeper. Both of these shot equally well ran similar speeds to the bergers. I ran similar powder charges but can't remember if I was at max capacity. I do expect these two bullets would run and pressure differently due to a longer bearing surface.

With the 230s, I'm just touching powder to bullet at 84.2 grains with a current load of 83.6 giving me 2980 with H1k. There's more speed to be gained with a hotter powder but I love the Hogedon extreme as it's pretty much all I shoot.
Perfect because I only really plan to run Bergers anyways!

Recent Posts