Ruger m77 Markii?s

ZR, has it had the same scope on it the whole time? I bought a used Ruger .270 years ago that I fought inconsistencies and after several boxes of factory ammo I finally replaced the brand new Redfield with a $20 pawn shop Lyman 4x All American and it shot 1".

Good luck.

It has had the same scope on it I never swapped that out because I never really thought about scope issue because one time it would shoot really could then not so was thinking it was the gun. My experience with a scope issues was once it turned out to be a scope issue it never shot good and was all over the not 1-2" groups but all over the paper like 1-2' groups.

What caliper is that? What stock is that? Did you have the timney trigger put in or any trigger springs?
The ones I have worked on have been a 30-06, a 6.5 cm, a 7mm-08, a 300 wm, a 7mm rm, a .264 wm, a .270, and a .270 Sherman. The stock is a Boyds pro-varmint with adjustable cheek rest on the .264 wm. No timney triggers on the ones I have built, I rework them myself, they are pretty simple if you go slow. If your interested in reworking the trigger p.m. me and I'll go over it in detail, it has been gone over in other threads so I won't divert this one. A couple that I worked on for my uncle and cousin had timney triggers installed.

Overkill338, oddly enough the one I couldn't get to shoot was a 7mm rem mag also, which got a new barrel in 7mm rem mag and I'm about to start working on ha ha. Hopefully this one does better, it should.

The ones I have worked on have been a 30-06, a 6.5 cm, a 7mm-08, a 300 wm, a 7mm rm, a .264 wm, a .270, and a .270 Sherman. The stock is a Boyds pro-varmint with adjustable cheek rest on the .264 wm. No timney triggers on the ones I have built, I rework them myself, they are pretty simple if you go slow. If your interested in reworking the trigger p.m. me and I'll go over it in detail, it has been gone over in other threads so I won't divert this one. A couple that I worked on for my uncle and cousin had timney triggers installed.

Overkill338, oddly enough the one I couldn't get to shoot was a 7mm rem mag also, which got a new barrel in 7mm rem mag and I'm about to start working on ha ha. Hopefully this one does better, it should.

I don't know if you noticed, but the 7mm Rem Mag has a smaller profile barrel than the 264, 300, and 338. I never found a reason for that either.

Here is where I posted about that in 2010.
Screenshot_20191224-125101_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
ZR, didn't see anywhere which stock you have. The black plastic stocks, even bedded flex a lot. I've bedded several 77's in walnut stocks with greater accuracy resulting. Did a couple 77's in Boyd's stocks which shot consistently well after.

My walnut stock shot more accurately with the pressure point, but somewhere along the lines, it would shift poi with humidity changes. After bedding and floating, problem went away. Not quite as accurate but always consistent. 1.5 - 2" @ 300 yds. Perspective.

I have an M77 Mk2 all weather with the boat paddle stock. I bought this gun back '89. I put a Leupold 3x9 in silver on it and covered a dime in five shots at 100yards with Winchester 130 grain power points. That's all I've **** in this gun over the years and will still shoot that good today. All factory. Last year I bought another that I found at a Cabelas for $365 because my son wanted one just like it. Put a Leupold 4.5-14 in it for him and it will cover a dime with 5 shots at 100 yards with the same ammo. All factory. You either love these guns or hate them. I still hunt with mine and have killed countless whitetail mule deer a few elk pigs. You name it. It's lightweight. Shoots lights out. Maybe I just got lucky twice.

I have an M77 Mk2 all weather with the boat paddle stock. I bought this gun back '89. I put a Leupold 3x9 in silver on it and covered a dime in five shots at 100yards with Winchester 130 grain power points. That's all I've *Rule 4 Violation* in this gun over the years and will still shoot that good today. All factory. Last year I bought another that I found at a Cabelas for $365 because my son wanted one just like it. Put a Leupold 4.5-14 in it for him and it will cover a dime with 5 shots at 100 yards with the same ammo. All factory. You either love these guns or hate them. I still hunt with mine and have killed countless whitetail mule deer a few elk pigs. You name it. It's lightweight. Shoots lights out. Maybe I just got lucky twice.
No, most all the boat paddle guns shoot sub-moa. The only one of mine that didn't, was the 7mm Rem Mag.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.