Rubber covers for barrel threads?

MagnumManiac

G'day folks,
Just a quick question regarding covering barrel threads with protective rubber caps.
Does anyone know of a source selling anything like this? I used to buy them, but have lost the contact.

Cheers.
TIA.

G'day folks,
Just a quick question regarding covering barrel threads with protective rubber caps.
Does anyone know of a source selling anything like this? I used to buy them, but have lost the contact.

Cheers.
TIA.
Check industrial supply companies. They are very common.
Here's one of many:

Check industrial supply companies. They are very common.
Here's one of many:
Thanks Bob, I'm trying not to import from overseas, should have mentioned that. The company here in Australia has dropped 70% of their products and one of them is rubber caps.
I will check on Amazon, thanks again.

Cheers.

I use tape on the muzzle, even when stored away from the gun…I am paranoid with creatures finding a home in there which has happened to me a few times before I put my barrels in socks.

Cheers.

I like to 3d print thread protectors in any configuration. Pretty easy to do if you have one or know of someone who does. I make closed end versions for storage.

A roll of electrical tape is small, can make numerous barrel covers, and has many other uses. I tried the barrel cots, and they were too light and flimsy. They got ripped off going through brush or putting into or removing the rifle from the guncase. The electrical tape won't come off until you shoot the rifle.

Thanks to all.😀
The reason I ask is because the one's I had from my 'smithing shop have perished, probably from solvents or oil coming out of the barrels, anyway, I dropped my 7STW barrel onto concrete and it has burred the tenon threads…wouldn't have happened if it was covered…

Cheers.

Last edited:
McMaster

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230728_100751_McMaster.jpg
    Screenshot_20230728_100751_McMaster.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 32