RRA predator pursuit or varmint?

JROD 250

Going to purchase a RRA predator pursuit 20" barrel (8.1lbs) or 18" varmint A4(8.7lbs). Thinking of getting a Leupold Mark AR scope 4-12x40. I can get the scope for $370. Any suggestions on gun or other scope in the $350 to $400 range. Will be used for coyote hunting and maybe someday some praire dog hunts. Can't decide on which gun do to weight; not alot of difference but the varmint seems alittle nose heavy.

I had your same dilema. I ended up ordering an ATH ( advnced tactical hunter 7.7lbs) Thinking I'm going to put a Nikon M-223 3-x-12x with the bdc reticle on it. Plus if you buy before 4/22 they're throwing in a $99. m223 mount.

I can't speak for the Predator Pursuit but I can for the RRA A4 Varmint 20" that I use for coyotes and sometimes on woodchucks. Mine is the A4 upper matched to an A2 lower from 2008.

If you want an AR that is extremely accurate (by AR standards) you'll certainly be pleased if your gun is anything like mine. It IS a very muzzle heavy gun but since I almost always shoot from some kind of rest (bags, pack, bipod, rolled up jacket, ect.) the weight isn't much of a problem. I had a Bushnell Elite3200 10X scope on top for a while and it was adequate for my hunting out to 400yds or so; I don't get to do much hunting in beyond that distance. I have shot at steel beyond that and one would think the targets were from a bolt gun.

If I have a complaint about my ARs, it isn't with the rifles but the quality of the magazines. The gun is really good. If I miss, it is because I missed - not the gun.

my $.02

I looked at a bunch of RR stuff, even bought one and now shoot a DPMS Prairie Panther, Nikon Coyote Special 4.5-14 and Nikon AR Mount all in Brush Camo. This combo works and is similar pricewise to what you are looking at. Like I tell anyone looking at Coyote Special Scope, check one out before you buy one to make sure you can live with the reticle. Took me a few shot's but then again I am a BDC fan already.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/bman940/CoyoteSPrairepanther_2-2.jpg

Thanks J., I'd say one of my favorite features is being able to swap uppers so easily. Yes, should be easy for all AR's but believe me, sometimes it isn't. That DPMS .204 is an absolute screamer and makes little entry holes and big exit ones! Then dropping in the .22LR upper for some cheap fun is icing on the cake. I've tried a couple of other .22LR upper and the DPMS is the one that has worked the best and been the most consistant. So you know, this is my $ talking, no freebies for positive feedback. If it works I'm happy!
As I have also said, find what works for all your requirements then get it. Don't be surprised though if you find there's a waiting list for the good stuff.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/bman940/KathynAR.jpg

I just bought the Varmint with a 20", going to shoot it tomorrow. Still hoping I made the right choice, but this one was in stock.....

For what its worth, I chose the 20" predator pursuit. It shoots like its possessed. Either way, as long as its a RRA you will be very pleased.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts