RRA LAR 15 Take Down Pin

MHO

Went into the shop today were I bought the rifle and they are telling me to take it to a gunsmith. Sorry I feel this is a basic fix, but am I missing something. Apparently I am. I don't feel I need pics to solve this issue. If so, let me know. Went into the safe an pulled out my RRA Coyote and the rear take down pin just falls out on the floor. So then I take out my RRA LAR8 and look at the pin and cant see any difference. Except it feels tight, Like it should on the LAR8. Is there something simple I am not seeing. Any help would be appreciated.

+1 on ICANHITHIMMANs diagnosis. A lot of gunshops aren't allowed to do any"gunsmithing", only sales, so they tend to direct customers to a "qualified gunsmith" to avoid liability. But you probably don't need one. Sounds like you need to pull the stock off and check to make sure the spring and detent are in place and functioning propperly. Sometimes a little bit of crud can get in the hole the spring and detent ride in, or the spring could have broken. If that's the case it should be an easy fix. Or maybe I'm missing something.

Last edited:
There is a spring and a plunger that retains the take down pin, this is held in by the stock plate. Have you changed the stock?

It's a simple fix just requires you to loosen the castle nut enough to rotate the plate and re insert the plunger and spring if you still have them. If they are lost you can order another.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts