rpms for annealing motor

Here is a list I put together from a different post of what I used.

Here are the links for the supplies that I ordered;

2 - Pans
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 - 12v motor
High Torque 12V DC 25 RPM Gear-Box Stabilivolt Electric Motor Replacement | eBay

1 - Controller
DC 12V 24V 6-30V Max 8A PWM Motor Speed Controller With Digital Display & Switch | eBay

1 - Power supply
DC 12V 5A 10A 15A 20A 30A Regulated Transformer Power Supply For LED Strip USA | eBay

1- Set screw adapter
NEW Great Planes Set Screw Prop Adapter 8.0mm to 3/8x24 GPMQ4945 | eBay

Prices have varied slightly...

I used a few things that I had laying around as well;
scrap piece of 3/4" plywood, could definitely get by with 1/2", power cords from old circle saw, 2x4 bracket for feed ramp and 1/4" steel rod for brass guide.

If you look at the string of posts on the AR-15.com about these machines you can find all the info you will need about tricks of making it. I basically used Tophadman's design on page 8 for mine and kept it simple. Some of the guys went over the top building it, I didn't need that...

If you do build it, let me know if you have any questions and I can help you out.

Built mine like that for about $90.
Tip, tilt the whole setup back 15° or so. I used aluminum rod, it is more adjustable, you'll need some adjustments going from 223 rem to 300wm to 6BR

Carpetman2 asked that I post a pic of mine, so here it is...

As you can see I did not add a feeder hopper on mine.

Attachments

• annealing machine.jpg
    annealing machine.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 441
I used two separate motors and potentiometers, one for the feed and one for my pan.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170328-114143.jpg
    Screenshot_20170328-114143.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 186
Carpetman2 asked that I post a pic of mine, so here it is...

As you can see I did not add a feeder hopper on mine.
yes that's what I'm lookin to build just basic for now, then maybe I will accessorize later, I'm goin to anneal some 6dasher brass and I want to be very careful while I do it, not going to anneal till I get a good setup. thanks for the pic

yes that's what I'm lookin to build just basic for now, then maybe I will accessorize later, I'm goin to anneal some 6dasher brass and I want to be very careful while I do it, not going to anneal till I get a good setup. thanks for the pic

That was my issue with annealing prior to this. I had no confidence that I could anneal with controllable, repeatable results. I am amazed that this little unit is so simple and works so well.

I ordered motor, controller, adaptor, think I will wing the rest around the house. Have to wait on Chinese for now lol

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts