Ross Schuler muzzle brake

They're CNC machined. And Ross can taper it down to match your barrel diameter. Or you can send him your barrel (no actions) and he can thread the barrel and install the brake.
At thse prices I may just have to try one.

It'll be easy since mine already has a factory brake. I can just remove it and send it to him to match. Looking at his design it'll be far more effective and couldn't possibly be any louder.

I bought one recently.

The quality and design appears to be very good in spite of the low price point.

I hope to find time this weekend to install and test it.

If all goes well, I look forward to purchasing many more.

-- richard

I have had several of the different design brakes from Ross over the years and they have all been really good brakes. I sent Ross another barrel to have one of his newer timed brakes installed and I got back an email telling me that he had been in a serious ATV accident and was in the hospital and not expecting to be doing any work again for some months. Has anyone heard anything about his condition or what happened to cause the accident? I know he has some friends on the forum and I was looking for an update and to see if there was anything that could help him along. I sounds serious and I would like to help if he needs it.

Thanks and have a great day!

Bob Mascharka
New Port Richey, FL

Ross has been in the hospital for almost 3 weeks. He was hit by a truck while on his ATV deer hunting. He sustained a pretty major wound to his lower leg (basically it ripped the calf muscle off the bone and screwed up a lot of tendons and ligaments in his knee). He has had 1 surgery for the leg wound and 1 to reconstruct his knee so far. He will probably have to have a skin graft on his leg as well but they are letting it heal on it's own the best they can. They are going to make a decision on when he gets released the end of this week. When he gets out of the hospital I will try to help him with muzzle brakes the best I can since he will be off his feet for a while yet. He and I use to do them together when he lived in Boise so it's not like I'm new to it. He just lives 45 minutes away now.

Ross has been in the hospital for almost 3 weeks. He was hit by a truck while on his ATV deer hunting. He sustained a pretty major wound to his lower leg (basically it ripped the calf muscle off the bone and screwed up a lot of tendons and ligaments in his knee). He has had 1 surgery for the leg wound and 1 to reconstruct his knee so far. He will probably have to have a skin graft on his leg as well but they are letting it heal on it's own the best they can. They are going to make a decision on when he gets released the end of this week. When he gets out of the hospital I will try to help him with muzzle brakes the best I can since he will be off his feet for a while yet. He and I use to do them together when he lived in Boise so it's not like I'm new to it. He just lives 45 minutes away now.

Praying for his speedy recovery and thanks for sharing.

Ed

Yeah I know this is an old thread but I just installed one of Ross Schuler's ported brakes. One word "OUTDAMNSTANDING!" Several comments have "for the price"....uh it is an outstanding brake at any price. You can buy a JEC at twice the price but IMO it is not a better brake....very good brake but not better.

I have one of his breaks on a 375 Rum Mod 700 XCR. Fantastic. Gun is superbly accurate with the brake and he tapered it perfectly to match the barrel diameter. I echo the above; a great break with no regards to the price being good.

Better than the big name breaks at a lower price point and a better guy to deal with. Some of these big name breaks crack me up with their claims. Have they been lab tested? In a wind tunnel? Show me the tests other than perception. Can't go wrong with Ross. BTW the three port is more than enough through the .338s.

I've been considering one of these Ross brakes for an XP-100 build.

Do any of you consider hardened brakes vs non-hardened brakes?

Just curious.

Thanks.
Rog

I use one of his 5port breaks on my Lazzeroni Warbird. Works amazingly well. But the only other break I've used was a radial style break.

Feenix,

You are correct. Sorry about that. I originally spoke with Ross and he steered me to Nate. I always think of the break i got as one of Ross's. I wonder how different the breaks are? I wonder if Nate could chime in?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.