Rocky or Danner

You hunting in the swamp- just buy the white shrimpers boots 😄 or muck boots. Maybe even waders -- I never hunted while I was in LA, my company had property in Texas we used to go to hunt.

I lived in Youngsville but I worked offshore in the early 90's (offshore comercial hard hat diver/welder for oil industry) --- had to wear steel toe boots per company safety policy-- we would buy crappy walmart steel toe rubber boots, put good insoles in them and drill 1/2" holes in the sides near the bottom of the boot for drainage--- you could never keep your feet dry on deck of a boat so you might as well let them drain so you weren't sloshing around in them. Wore low cut steel toe lace up rubber boots (with the same holes) under water while diving.

I live in CO now and have 3 pair of danner's-- snake boot for early season plains, non insulated for early season mountains, and insulated for late season snow hunting.
Yep there are some swampy spots around places I've hunted. :D I've got several pairs of Danners, too, they hold up well and are comfortable, plus I like their snake-resistant boots a lot and wear them all the time on the ranch down south.

As far as the white boots...those are called Rockport Ropers and they're discounted for Vietnamese shrimpers!

Rocky S2V is the only boot I wear all year round.
Never an issue with them. I have 6 different pairs that I rotate through depending on the season and weather.
I live in NW Wyoming, not Louisiana.
Good Journey!

Need some help between the Danner Pronghorn or Rocky stalker. Both with 800g insulation. South Louisiana so going to be wet a lot. Needing lace ups. 6'4" 250 lbs.
Danner pronghorn
but you need t o find out if they were made in USA. Mine are 25-30 yrs old still great boots. I've heard they make them elsewhere and they don't last like American made boots.

Danner
A few years back I bought a pair, wore them in S. Africa, and I was not pleased, my fault, bought them half a sixe too small. Suffed up, and all, several months later I decided to write to Danner see if there was a way to stretch them, explaining they have been used, and it was my fault. They offered my money back, or exchange, my choice, gave me a letter to take to place of purchase. I exchanged for half a size larger. Happy with the new pair, happy with service, satisfied customer.

The Pronghorn is a turd. If you're going to buy Danner, buy one of their Made in USA boots. If you're going to buy something Made in China, you can probably get an equal boot without paying for the Danner name.

I love my Danner Super Rainforests. I have two pairs.

Danner pronghorn
but you need t o find out if they were made in USA. Mine are 25-30 yrs old still great boots. I've heard they make them elsewhere and they don't last like American made boots.
The Pronghorn is no longer made in USA, and it's a crappy pair of boots. Danner still makes great boots if you only buy made in USA.

I hunt in Eastern NC I assume a similar habitat. It's flat and your are gonna be in water. I say neither, pick the rubber boot that fits your foot best. I wear Lacrosse and can't get my foot in Mucks, I know people who can't where lacrosse and love Mucks.

But to answer your question directly I like Danners, Rocky's just don't fit my feet. Last pair of pronghorns is going on 4 years. I keep both Lacross and Danners in my truck during hunting season because it matters depending on where I go. Sometimes if I know it's really wet I take waders and change out for the swamp crossing.

Danner American made they are not cheap but if you hunt hard and walk a lot you will get 3 seasons out of the as opposed to 1 which makes them a bargain. I Bought a pair of Crispis becasue at teh time Dnner didn't have 800 gram insulate boot I liked. They are also an awesome boot I just wish htey were 10" instaed of 8

I wore Danner, US made Ft Lewis boots for work for 20 some years and I don't know if my feet changed or the boot changed but my feet hurt in that last boot. I went with the black Meindl boots made in Germany and my feet were fine after that. I would definitely try and buy localmly so you can return or exchange them.