RL-26 / 6.5 creedmoor project.

I was able to get the same accuracy and velocity with the 140 eldm, 143 eldx, and 147 eldm. And velocity was on the heals of the prc.

3.5 years since I seen any RE 26. I have only shot it at animals last two years. Not going to waste any I have.

For all your work and prep, I'm going to suggest you are missing on the demonstrated most important single parameter in your cases - case neck variance. Get a ball mic or another tool with which to determine the variance in neck wall thickness in your cases and sort for less than .001"
Search for the testing John Barsness did where he did all the "match prep" you did to your cases, except, sorting for neck walls, and compared the results to cases that had NOTHING done to them except for sorting for neck walls. Long story short, the latter out-shot the former.

Best of luck with this project,
Rex

I worked up a load in my Kimber 84M (22" bbl), RL26, 143 ELD-X, Starline brass that shot nice groups at 2900 fps, but was a bit hot. 2850 fps showed no pressure signs.

H4350 maxes out at 2700 fps in my gun - so yes RL26 can get you that extra 150 fps you strive for.

Be careful with RL26 as I have noticed a lot of "lot to lot" variation. As much as 1 gr different to give the same velocities. With compressed loads that made a difference between manageable and highly compressed.

Who's down for a fun project everyone can follow along, join in and even do the same thing at home ? The project is developing a safe ,accurate load for your/my rifle using RL-26. Most of my equipment is what most guys have on their benches. My space is limited to a single 6' bench in an office/reloading room in my home. It works just fine, I just have to work in organized stages to prevent clutter in the confined space.
I think this will be fun and beneficial to all reloader's regardless of experience. I welcome everyone to ask questions, give advice and help with the process from start to reading the final results. I have access to a range with backstops out to 700 yards . I'd like to create a load that beats my current pet load by 150+fps with similar accuracy. With that said let's get started……
what is RL26 do they even make that anymore? haven't seen any in a couple of years