RL 17 6.5 Creedmoor

Cray7614

Has anyone loaded with RL17. I will be loading the 140 ELD-M. I've seen in the Hornady manual that 42.0 grains is recommended. Has anyone done any load data on these paired?

My best load is 42 grains of rl-17 and a 140 eld-match. 2885 fps it of my 26in criterion and killer groups. I've shot a couple 3 shot groups .076 and .096 moa. 5 shot groups are in the .2s

Awesome I'll be shooting it out of a 26" barrel as well. But mines just a factory savage barrel

I use it in mine with the 123 Amax, 44.5 I believe. Gets 2900 from a 22" barrel

Don't underestimate what your set-up can do, esp. on handloads.
Agreed. People will be surprised how well factory barrels can shoot. I still have the factory 22-250 Barrel that I took off for my 6.5 build and it was scary accurate. To be perfectly honest my criterion barrel wont shoot anybetter than that factory barrel. The one exception is these custom barrels are alot easier to find a load for and they seem to shoot more consistent from day to day Rifle companies have come a long ways over the last 10 years.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.