Rings and bases

eyeballjr

I have a sendero, im mounting a night force 5.5x22x50 on it. What rings and bases would you recomend for this? Hate to break the bank, but dont want something that will give me problems either. What height should I get too.

Leupald are top notch quality and will run @50 dollars for a two piece.

If your gonna put the NF on it, spend just a little more and put the NF 20 moa rail on it and the NF titanium rings. You'll need the .885 rings with the 50mm and Sendero contour....

A little more money, but you'll never be sorry.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jr.

I recently installed a Ken Farrell alum picatinny base and Tactical Precision Systems alum rings. Steel is available, I just want to keep my rifles weight down.

Originally I ordered a zero base from Ken then later desired a 20 MOA base. He had me send it back to him w/ $5.00 for the return shipping to me. He modified the base for free to include taking a .10" off to make it a lower profile and beveled the rear of the base's top so it would clear the occular lens of my Nikon 4.5-14x40 Mil-dot. He also added an extra pic groove over the rear of my Rem 700 action; all this for free. His prices are very reasonable as well.

[ QUOTE ]
I was very impressed with my base and rings: www.seekinsprecision.com They took a while to build, but they were worth the wait.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo! Best bang for the $$ for heavy duty rings.

Glen does them in runs, so you only wait if you order right after he sells all his stock.

YMMV,
JB

thanks guys.

Im a one man show and just started doing this full time, so its taking me a bit to figure everything out. I keep saying i will have some stock built up, but its gone before its back from the anodizer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Well , that can be a good thing Glenn if you can't keep stuff in stock then that means you must be selling a good product.

Do any of you think I need a 20MOA base if I'm shooting a 300 Win Mag using the Leupold 4.5-14x50 LR/T M1 scope?

I have a leupold one piece base and rings.....the rings have been lapped. I've heard great things about Seekins stuff.....is it really necessary though if I already have what i have?

That depends on:

1.how far you want to shoot with the scope you have
2.how many clicks you have left to get to that elevation

The 20 moa base helps you out tremendously down range or I should say at extended ranges....

It all boils down to knowing how far you want to shoot and does the existing set up get you there... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
With out a doubt Id go with the 20min base. It will save you a bunch of headaches down the road.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1..... you'll never be sorry you did it !

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.