Ring height

ndthwacker

Anyone know off had whats are the lowest rings i can go with on a defiance devaint short action, with a proof sendero barrel and a vortex rzr gen 2 6-24-50ffp. The action has a 20moa inturgrated rail. I dont have my rifle done yet but would like to order rings so i have everything ready to go. I just dont know what is my best option to get my scope low as possible.. thanks guys

You're getting ahead of yourself and making a rookie mistake. DO NOT order accessories until you have the rifle or you're begging to RMA something that doesn't fit. Why would you order something that has measurements that are needed to pick the right one BEFORE you make said measurements? It's because of impatience.

The above said, it never surprises me how bad people are at using Google.

http://www.mil-rad.com/scope_ring_calculator

Also, having already been there and done that, .9" rings should do with a decently low mount for the scope. I still say you should wait and measure the actual rifle so you don't spend 150 bucks you didn't have to.

The one I'm holding is a 4.5-27x56 Razor 2, the one laying down is a 3-18x50 Razor 2 on a Mossberg MVP.

img_5121-jpg-e1503000567609.jpeg

50mm obj on a proof sendero with a kelbly action, 20moa rail, Hawkins Low rings work for me. On a Mesa Precision crux action, 20 moa rail, 56mm obj, iota low rings work with proof sendero contour, but it's tight.

Anyone know off had whats are the lowest rings i can go with on a defiance devaint short action, with a proof sendero barrel and a vortex rzr gen 2 6-24-50ffp. The action has a 20moa inturgrated rail. I dont have my rifle done yet but would like to order rings so i have everything ready to go. I just dont know what is my best option to get my scope low as possible.. thanks guys
I'm not seeing that scope listed anywhere on their website, but if it's a 34mm tube, these will work perfect.

https://www.swfa.com/seekins-precision-scope-34mm-rings.html

You're getting ahead of yourself and making a rookie mistake. DO NOT order accessories until you have the rifle or you're begging to RMA something that doesn't fit. Why would you order something that has measurements that are needed to pick the right one BEFORE you make said measurements? It's because of impatience.

The above said, it never surprises me how bad people are at using Google.

http://www.mil-rad.com/scope_ring_calculator

Also, having already been there and done that, .9" rings should do with a decently low mount for the scope. I still say you should wait and measure the actual rifle so you don't spend 150 bucks you didn't have to.

The one I'm holding is a 4.5-27x56 Razor 2, the one laying down is a 3-18x50 Razor 2 on a Mossberg MVP.

img_5121-jpg-e1503000567609.jpeg
I ask questions so i dont end up with a scope off my barrel like yours..

I'd wait to see where your eye and cheek rest feel comfortable and order the correct height for that scope. Everyone is different with cheek to eye measurement, otherwise you'll be trying to get your eye to get a clear view through that scope,when that moment of a life time comes by.

Most low rings should work fine. Depends if u want to put a sunshade, scope caps, ARD, etc. That being said, I would wait until I got the rifle and measure everything out just to make sure I got the scope exactly where I wanted it. Sounds like you are having a nice rifle built. A few extra days to make sure your scope is where you want it in relation to your cheek piece will be worth the wait.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.