Rifle weight..... senderos etc

ohiohunter

How does the sendero come in so light? 8.5lbs. I have a savage cbi light varmint barrel (24") on a long action w/ a mcmillan htg edge stock and it comes it at 8.2lbs. I'm also in the midst of piecing together a 300wm on 700 action w/ a manners eh-2 which by my calculations w/ almost the exact same barrel will still come in at at least 8.5lbs maybe slightly heavier. How are they keeping the weight down on those senderos?

I must admit I feel a little defeated trying to put together a lighter than avg 300wm just to find out the sendero rivals my weight and cost considerably less.

And I'm sure you can't touch that barrel after 5shots let alone hit anything with it. But honestly I could care less about a 6.5x284 bc you'll be re barreling it soon enough. ;)

i just love when ppl open there mouth about something they have no info on:rolleyes:
this 6.5 was built close to 12 yrs ago and is still not shot out as you seem to thick it is very close to it
it shoots way better then any sendero i have ever seen
it was built for hunting but shoots better then alot of your 1" thick super bench rest rifles
my best 200 yrs is .006"
thick heavy barrel does not make any rifle a long range rifle
i have a few very light rifles that shoot very well
these are hunting rifles and i can not remember ever taking 5 shots to get the job done:D

FYI i can hold my hand on the barrel after 5 shots with it at the bench :D:D:D

i just love when ppl open there mouth about something they have no info on:rolleyes:
this 6.5 was built close to 12 yrs ago and is still not shot out as you seem to thick it is very close to it
it shoots way better then any sendero i have ever seen
it was built for hunting but shoots better then alot of your 1" thick super bench rest rifles
my best 200 yrs is .006"
thick heavy barrel does not make any rifle a long range rifle
i have a few very light rifles that shoot very well
these are hunting rifles and i can not remember ever taking 5 shots to get the job done:D

FYI i can hold my hand on the barrel after 5 shots with it at the bench :D:D:D

If we lived closer I would take you up on that bet, my Benchrest rifle against your 6.5/284 anyday of the week and eat it alive, spit it out and eat another one. Your choice of caliber for me 6 PPC or 30 BR

lets look at the topic of sendero wt.
i have never even held 1 but from looking at a pic it would be very easy to see where there wt savings that they claim they have are coming from
1 there fluted barrel
2 there stock

are there claims even true ???????????????????????????
have you ever set 1 on a scale ??????????????????????

and in the end is 6-8 oz more or less in a rifle that heavy even a big deal

not the rifle i would pick to tahr hunt with :D

i have never even held 1 but from looking at a pic it would be very easy to see where there wt savings that they claim they have are coming from
1 there fluted barrel
2 there stock

are there claims even true ???????????????????????????
have you ever set 1 on a scale ??????????????????????

and in the end is 6-8 oz more or less in a rifle that heavy even a big deal

not the rifle i would pick to tahr hunt with :D

If you've never even held one, then how do you know how well they can shoot? Also, those "people you saw shooting them"...How competent were their skills? How good are they at precision handloading?

I have 3 Senderos and they'll all drive tacks.

what a band wagon lol
i never ever said that a sendero will not shot

Thanks for highjacking the thread while you jerk off to you amazingly well built 6.5-284:rolleyes:. I'd almost pay for your plane ticket to NM just to watch you shoot a 0.006" group at 200yds.

Back on track. I am trying to figure out where the weight savings are. As I had stated I have a savage 280 with a 23oz edge stock and a light varmint barrel (smaller contour than a sendero) and that package comes in at 8.2lbs compared to remmys advertised weight of 8.5lbs.

The reason I even noticed this is I am currently piecing together a 300wm on 700 action w/ a manners eh-2 (~26oz) and I'm deciding on the barrel. Thinking a 24" brux #6 fluted. After all that I'm thinking I'll still be about the same weight as a sendero.. Seems like a lot of work to yield very similar results.

MR, I was thinkin the same thing but after all the research I've done (esp tacops write ups on 20-22" tubes) I'd only be losing about 80fps of which I'd never notice. But I also have a battlecomp muzzle brake to put on.

1 there fluted barrel
2 there stock
my 7stw sendero came in at 10.5# with an 8-32x elite 4200 on top with leopold (steel) rings and bases... only a little over a # more than my lh bdl in 300rum with a 6-18x Buckmaster on top... My lightest m700 at present is my sps dg 375h&h at 8# even with a 6x Nikon monarch on top.

When I tire out ont of my existing 7mm's I'm building a lh sendero clone-- I miss my sendero... to good of a rifle to let go of

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.