Rifle Suggestions for a lefty

I've owned or own everything from Remington to Ruger to Winchester and everything else back up the alphabet. For a project rifle or even one from the box, I'd as soon have a Savage as any. With a Savage you can do it yourself and save a bunch of money. Provided you intend on hunting only, an out of the box Savage might do just fine. My Savage 16FLSS .308 with my loads will do three inside 5/8" at 100 yds on demand.

Thanks guys. I went to Scheels yesterday and picked one up to see how they felt and they don't seem to bad. I will probably just keep an eye out to see if a left handed one comes in in the next month otherwise I will just order one.

I have both savage and remington, and I would have to vote for the remington. The savage shoots well, just not as well made. Buy a 300 RUM, put a break on it and be done. My 300 has the recoil of a 243 and shoots under .5 moa with a factory remington stainless barrel. You can download the RUM and still be quite a bit above max loads with the WSM. JMO

I am looking at building a long range rifle (500-600yds mostly) I have decided on a VX-3 6.5-20 with M1 turrets but I am still at a loss for a gun.

Hi Kevin,
You did not say how far past 600 yds you want to go.
One thing you should keep in mind, during the 90's Remington made LH M700 BDL's in 300 Win Mag. They show-up on places like www.gunbroker.com fairly regularly. Although 7mm Rem Mags and 338 Win Mag versions are most common. Lately they have had LH 7mm and 300 RUM's on there too.

Just my 2 bits,

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.