Rifle Safe Recommendations

KH_Outdoors

I'm looking to purchase a Rifle Safe this year, and looking for recommendations. Any and all feedback welcome!

I'd like to be able to "Grow Into It", so to say. Definitely looking at larger models, wide & tall maybe. Functional layout and being able to access long guns is priority.

Budget? Well considering all options within reason, but value is a priority.

Fireproof ratings and the works are less important to me than just build quality and functionality.

Let's hear'em!!

Some sort of budget would be helpful. A reasonably sized rifle safe could cost you $800 or $10,000.

I have a Sturdy safe and absolutely love its value of strength to dollar. I did not get the fire protection, but since they don't have their safes rated I don't know how great it would be for a fire anyways. I think they are hard to beat for the dollar for burglar protection. I have no faith in a Liberty safe for burglar protection for anything above a meth-head that doesn't have any tools.

One of my top choices for a full rated and quality burglar and fires safes would be American Security. The AmSec BF and above series are pretty awesome, but you're paying for it. $8k+.

If the goal is keeping kids or ill-prepared drug addicts from stealing your guns (and fire protection for the guns), then Liberty is a good option.

This is my 2c.

Some sort of budget would be helpful. A reasonably sized rifle safe could cost you $800 or $10,000.

I have a Sturdy safe and absolutely love its value of strength to dollar. I did not get the fire protection, but since they don't have their safes rated I don't know how great it would be for a fire anyways. I think they are hard to beat for the dollar for burglar protection. I have no faith in a Liberty safe for burglar protection for anything above a meth-head that doesn't have any tools.

One of my top choices for a full rated and quality burglar and fires safes would be American Security. The AmSec BF and above series are pretty awesome, but you're paying for it. $8k+.

If the goal is keeping kids or ill-prepared drug addicts from stealing your guns (and fire protection for the guns), then Liberty is a good option.

This is my 2c.

Thanks!

If I were to really nail down a budget, $5k or less would be nice... but if it takes more than that to get the quality I'd rather save longer & buy once.

Whatever you do dont buy a Liberty safe, they will hand over your backup combo without a court order.

Whatever you do buy, cut the quantity rating in half, if it says it holds 20 guns it probably only holds 10.
One Idea you can do is buy two smaller safes, are easier to move around.

I'll add in here a caveat too. My goal is to provide peace of mind when not home and provide secure storage for weapons/optics. From my reading, most Rifle Safe models can be broken into by anyone with experience. But If someone ever broke into my home while gone, they're probably not bringing tools. Just trying to grab & go. So secure within reason if that makes any sense. Then fire ratings... idk, something would be nice but to my understanding you may be asking alot of a safe to protect firearms in a house fire too.

I definitely agree to buy bigger than you think you need. The cost of the safe doesn't usually increase very much as they get bigger, so it's a better value anyways.

$5k to $8k is a pretty big jump, but perhaps close enough to warrant the wait and "buy one cry once" philosophy. Good luck in your search.

Remember, fire ratings don't mean a thing in a real house fire. I've yet to hear of a safe that will actually stand up to a fully involved fire. It'll save you from a spot fire, but if your house goes up, so will everything in the safe

Remember, fire ratings don't mean a thing in a real house fire. I've yet to hear of a safe that will actually stand up to a fully involved fire. It'll save you from a spot fire, but if your house goes up, so will everything in the safe

This is my understanding also

If looking at a Large buy the XXL.
If you own your own home buy a vault door, build a walk-in closet in the corner of your basement and use fire rock and cement board for the one wall plus the wall the vault door will go on. Lots of space, pretty fair in a fire and as secure as 8k will get you.

If looking at a Large buy the XXL.
If you own your own home buy a vault door, build a walk-in closet in the corner of your basement and use fire rock and cement board for the one wall plus the wall the vault door will go on. Lots of space, pretty fair in a fire and as secure as 8k will get you.

This is the goal for the next house 😁

I researched it a bunch and a built in vault is by far the best....

For actually safes i haven't seen one reason to spend 10k compared to the one i got at tractor supply for 1k. It's big, it's heavy, and it'll keep the riff raff out. Money is much better spent on home security [ cameras and alarms...]

If you don't know they are there, and they have a half hour, there is no safe that will save you.

Another trick I've heard of is have a super cheap safe in an open easy to see place and let them screw with that [put a couple cheap bb guns in there]. Then try to hide your big safe and put it in a tight spot where they don't have room to work.

But ultimately you need to know the bad guys are there and limit the time they have to get your stuff.

My family and i have a few of these and they've served their purpose. Fits 20 scope rifles really nicely without worrying about dinging them or more if you are careful.