Rifle Safe Recommendations

I agree, had it happen to me. Once thieves realize how easy safes are defeated using cheap tools and the power outlet YOU provide them, it's over in minutes.
I watched a video a while back and the guy talked about the amount of time most thieves were in a house and where they "looked". He said if you can hide a cabinet somewhere that thieves aren't likely to look (I remember and office was most likely spot for thieves to look), then chances are they won't have enough time in the house to find the guns.

The guys who got me were specifically looking for guns and were not taking anything else. They got me and 30+ other homes in less than a week before getting caught.

I watched a video a while back and the guy talked about the amount of time most thieves were in a house and where they "looked". He said if you can hide a cabinet somewhere that thieves aren't likely to look (I remember and office was most likely spot for thieves to look), then chances are they won't have enough time in the house to find the guns.
Not a lot of places to hide a rifle safe.
Large collection safes often go in the garage, very obvious. Ive suggested 2 smaller safes, its been suggested closet corners for those which I think would help dumber thieves, but seems like most thieves would check closets.

Theres a company that makes wall safes that mount inside the wall between two wall studs. Hang a picture over it. Pretty clever but Im not certain those are as secure of a lock as most usual safes are.

Here's the 2 I have. The red one is a Champion from around 2004 and the Grey one was purchased in 2012. The build quality of these things over the years has really declined but there are still good ones out there. When I bought the second one from the same vendor, he tried to buy the first one back from me and offered me 2 grand for it. These are 60" tall by 30" wide and 30" deep. Scoped rifles take up space quick, so probably best to get the biggest one you can if you only want to buy one! You won't regret it.
IMG_8660.jpeg
IMG_8661.jpeg
IMG_8663.jpeg
IMG_8662.jpeg

My main suggestion is to get the biggest safe you can afford, look around at all options.
The very best option is to build a concrete reinforced room and install a small bank vault type door. Of course most aren't able to afford that type of setup

I use Liberty safes and have been very happy with them. If you get one request the master code and change it. You can't do a vault for the same price as a safe. And give me a demo saw and enough time and I'll get you in to any safe. Alarm systems will notify of a break in and dispatch law enforcement. Cameras aren't good for anything unless you are at home or close to home to do something about it, most of the time the would be thieves cover their faces. Do what you can to secure what is important to you and it will slow thieves down.

Ive suggested 2 smaller safes, its been suggested closet corners for those which I think would help dumber thieves, but seems like most thieves would check closets.
My thoughts on putting the safe into a closet isn't to hide it but rather make it more difficult for them to work on breaking into it. Especially prying. If you cut down on the room they have to work, they will be slowed down at the very least.

The thing is, just like the locks on your house doors, a gun safe will keep honest folks out. Once you're dealing with a criminal, that's a whole other animal.

My thoughts on putting the safe into a closet isn't to hide it but rather make it more difficult for them to work on breaking into it. Especially prying. If you cut down on the room they have to work, they will be slowed down at the very least.

The thing is, just like the locks on your house doors, a gun safe will keep honest folks out. Once you're dealing with a criminal, that's a whole other animal.
Thats true, I didn't distinguish that difference you made clear enough. Closets can be good for hiding, but tight spaces and corners are even better for deterrent. win win. A fun thought, since most people are right handed, putting a safe into a right corner forces them to work on the left side, the cuts would be more awkward especially the cut closest to the back wall.

All we are doing is buying time. The longer we can make a thief spend is all we can do.

If you can get it in the house, i'd go old bank safe.
Otherwise Rhino supposedly has one of the better locks on the door.
They have a video on their website.

Myself, I'm looking for more of a cabinet.

My wife may not know which gun is which, but dang it, she can count!!!🫡