rifle rests

freebird63

I have a harris bipod on my sendero, its the 9-13 non-pivoting version, did not even use it this year. But while watching a hunting show I noticed they were using primos mono-pods. So I took a look at one at cabelas and have decided I like it better then the harris, the nice thing about the primos monopod is it can be used as a walking staff too. Any opinions otherwise out there????

I have the Harris bipods in the swivel 9-13 and the 12-24. I like them and think they are great at what they do. I was given a Tigger Stick by my daughter and son in law for Christmas last year and thought I would give it a try since they bought it for me. I loved the thing and immediatley had her buy one for my son in law. You can use it as a walking stick and then as you are hunting your way to the stand you can immediately adjust it to view with your binos as you are hunting your way to your stand. The other thing I love about it is that the shooting bars on our tripods and stands are never at the exact height you need. Simply adjust the height on the trigger stick and press it firmly out on the shooting bar of the stand and hold with the weak hand at where the two meet and it is rock solid. A few days ago I was out calling coyotes and two different times I could have gotten a solid rest if I had the trigger stick in stead of the bipod. Hope it works as well for you.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.