Rifle build

SLMIdaho

Want to build a light weight 6.5 PRC any suggestions on stock and carbon fiber barrel? I am been looking at proof carbon fiber and hell's canyon armory barrels anyone have any experience with these? Also McMillan or AG stocks any suggestions or comments would help constant back and forth.

Welcome to the forum! Proof Barrels seem to be popular. Do a search for "titanium" and "proof" and you'll likely find some discussions on light weight builds.

Want to build a light weight 6.5 PRC any suggestions on stock and carbon fiber barrel? I am been looking at proof carbon fiber and hell's canyon armory barrels anyone have any experience with these? Also McMillan or AG stocks any suggestions or comments would help constant back and forth.
I have shot both. Both will be equally as accurate. The HCA can be lighter so this would be my choice unless you are under a time constraint and someone has the proof blank you need and Mike can't get you one quick enough. I have used several stocks from both companies. They both make excellent stocks. Maybe if you tell us what you intended to do with the rifle we could narrow it down.

I w
I have shot both. Both will be equally as accurate. The HCA can be lighter so this would be my choice unless you are under a time constraint and someone has the proof blank you need and Mike can't get you one quick enough. I have used several stocks from both companies. They both make excellent stocks. Maybe if you tell us what you intended to do with the rifle we could narrow it down.

Hunting want a lightweight rifle to pack around with the ability to shoot long range.

Carbon is great if money is no object, but a #4 contour fluted in 6.5 is about equal in weight. I'd check on manners eh stocks.

Plus 1 for the proof research, they just plain shoot. Mine is the Sendero in 7mm and weighs in at 2lbs 15oz at 26 inches. They are pricey but worth a look.

I received a 65 prc from APR about a month ago. It's their gen 2 action which isn't the lightest but what I wanted with an AG stock and proof CF barrel set up to run suppressed it weighs under 7 pounds.

It's shooting under 2 inches at 300 with factory ammo so I'm sure it will be a .5 moa rifle out to 600 or more once I tune a load for it.

They also built me a 30 nosler on a defiance tenacty and a steel barrel which finishes at .700 at 26 inches in an AG stock. It too is under 7 and is shooting 215's to 1 inch at 300 with minimum load development.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.