Rifle Build

Guide1971

I recently purchased a Forbes Rifle in a 30\06 model 24B it was used but very little 38 rounds and the barrel is coming apart inside Lands are peeling up in 3 places so I've decided to rebarrel it into something of a different caliber. I was thinking maybe a 6.5x284 but I hear barrel life maybe an issue. I have a 6.5 Creedmoor and a 270win now. So my question is what are some other options I have? I like different calibers.gun)

I recently purchased a Forbes Rifle in a 30\06 model 24B it was used but very little 38 rounds and the barrel is coming apart inside Lands are peeling up in 3 places so I've decided to rebarrel it into something of a different caliber. I was thinking maybe a 6.5x284 but I hear barrel life maybe an issue. I have a 6.5 Creedmoor and a 270win now. So my question is what are some other options I have? I like different calibers.gun)

Welcome to LRH and enjoy!

You'll get more responses if you post this question in gunsmithing forum as not everybody visits the member introduction forum.

Anyways for your existing bold face ...

Attachments

• .30-06.JPG
    .30-06.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 75
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts