Ridgeline shoots poorly and jams

Maybe the guys at CA are monitoring this discussion??
I don't think it's going to matter much if they are. Sadly some companies in the firearms industry run on the "fishing lure" methodology. Meaning that a lure doesn't have to catch fish it just has to catch fishermen!

I had a very similar issue with a CA rifle in 2012. They know they have a QC/QA problem but if sales haven't dipped.....is it really a problem for them? And like I've said before, IF you get a good CA rifle they are great. Most of us including myself feel that if you pay a premium price then you should always receive a premium product.... that just isn't the case with CA. Now just about every factory is offering a CF barreled option so they ain't the only game in town now.

Maybe the guys at CA are monitoring this discussion??
Nope not at all , this has been going on for years.
Just Google CA. There is not enough time in a week to read it all. Same issues. Different day.

They target a group that want something better than factory but not as much as a custom.

They look good from afar but far from good.
I hope Remington comes back a decimates CA market share. Don't ask me how I feel about companies that should shape up or

Last edited:
Nope not at all , this has been going on for years.
Just Google CA. There is not enough time in a week to read it all. Same issues. Different day.

They target a group that want something better than factory but not as much as a custom.

They look good from afar but far from good.
I hope Remington comes back a decimates CA market share. Don't ask me how I feel about companies that should shape up or
👍🏻🇺🇸

Bought a Ridgeline in 6,5 PRC, just got it back from factory today after barrel replacement and headspace adjustment. Shot first 6 rounds, cleaned per instructions. Groups were ok. Went to shoot another 6 rounds, at #9 got heavy bolt lift. Round #11 jammed, could not lift bolt handle. Groups also grew to over 7" at 100 yds. Getting halfmoon swipes on case bottom. Removing metal from case, bolt face has brass shavings on it. Shooting Hornady factory 147 ELD-M.
Funny thing is, I also have a Ridgeline in 300 PRC, and it does the exact same thing. It is still at the factory.
Is there anything I can do here without having to keep sending them back? Thanks.
Maybe I was lucky, I've three of them. Two Ridge line, one mesa. Not a issue. 1st Ridgeline took some breaking in but after about sixty rounds its a shooter now. Never any feeding issues. But I've heard the same about quality control. I love mine.

Maybe I was lucky, I've three of them. Two Ridge line, one mesa. Not a issue. 1st Ridgeline took some breaking in but after about sixty rounds its a shooter now. Never any feeding issues. But I've heard the same about quality control. I love mine.
I don't think you are "lucky" per se....

If CA was consistently churning out crap rifles they wouldn't have been in business for 20 years. But I think their CRR "crap rifle ratio" is at maybe 5% where Tikka or bergara is at .05% of total production.

I don't know if you are referring to my post on page 4. Just guessing since no reply or quote but I mentioned a Cooper Mod. 52 factory ammo high pressures. Cooper. Not Custom. 👍🏻🇺🇸
No, I meant with all the money you spent in ammo and shipping, you could have gotten a Cooper with the load on the target or a custom rifle.

o, I meant with all the money you spent in ammo and shipping, you could have gotten a Cooper with the load on the target or a custom rifle.
👍🏻

I wonder where CA obtains their barrels?
Or do they drill them in house?
Just curious….
I thinks the Boy Scouts of America used to provide them?

What carbon barrels does Christensen Arms use?

Our carbon fiber gunsmith barrel blanks are crafted using our proprietary layering system and offer superior strength and accuracy while weighing less than a steel barrel of the same contour. The Barrel lining is made from match-grade 416R stainless steel which is measured to a tolerance of +/- .

I don't know what CA production output is annually would it be possible to back track via receiver serial numbers who assembled each one of the OPs rifles?