Ridgeline shoots poorly and jams

You know adam, it is kind of funny, I have said several times that this gun just came back from the factory with a new barrel. It has 11 rounds through it. I first fired the new barrel yesterday. Thank you for all of your input, but maybe reading first might be in order. Have a nice evening.

It's hard to comprehend everything you've said since you're talking about two different rifles in the same thread.

The 6.5, you had it rebarreled once, correct? It had 500+ rounds thru it when you sent it back to Christensen? What was the issue with that barrel? The same as the current barrel that has 11 rounds thru it? Or just poor accuracy the entire 500+ rounds?

I went into a local sporting goods store this weekend to do a bit of window shopping and this is what struck me.…even before ever seeing this post.

More than 30 or so percent of used guns on the rack were Christensen Arms of different models and there were more than a couple. By the way, this store is a CA dealer too.

That's got to tell you something…I think.

I went into a local sporting goods store this weekend to do a bit of window shopping and this is what struck me.…even before ever seeing this post.

More than 30 or so percent of used guns on the rack were Christensen Arms of different models and there were more than a couple. By the way, this store is a CA dealer too.

That's got to tell you something…I think.
Thinking out loud…. I wonder if the gentleman would have his rifle re-barreled with say a Douglas premium would make a difference? From what I read both guns exhibit the same problem. Perhaps CA uses a not so good steel in their tubes.

Thinking out loud…. I wonder if the gentleman would have his rifle re-barreled with say a Douglas premium would make a difference? From what I read both guns exhibit the same problem. Perhaps CA uses a not so good steel in their tubes.
To spend more money to rebarrel rifles with unidentified problems is unwise. What if ejectors are the problem? New barrel won't fix that.

To spend more money to rebarrel rifles with unidentified problems is unwise. What if ejectors are the problem? New barrel won't fix that.
Agreed but the greatest problem the gentleman addressed was after 10 or more rounds the problem appears. Also after receiving it back from the factory I would think factory would have checked ejectors.

Hope OP gets his money back but I doubt it. If not and CA won't fix or replace, then thousands of dollars lost.
You can show people your targets, but rather than believe their own eyes and good advice, many people still believe marketing hype. Unsure of what to buy, they just go with whatever is more expensive thinking they will get something better. Over and over and over.

Last edited:
Was shooting next to a guy last who bought a Christensen in 300 RUM. When he received it, 300 RUM would not chamber. He called and they said it was a 300 win! Was marked 300 RUM on barrel. Sent it back and they took 6 months to fix problem. Helped him get it on paper at 50 yards and he went down to 100 yard range and did not here how new barrel shot.
First shot of the day at 100 yds. in the X, as the barrel warms groups grow. As it warms even more, gun jams. You can see the brass. Both 6.5 and 300. A view of the chamber from the factory, I have just bought a bore scope, but did not have it for these pics. And last, the brass shavings on the bolt face.
That's a serious pressure swipe on the cartridge base! I wouldn't shoot that rifle again.

Looks similar to this...

Looks similar to this...

Very similar. But that only explains the case head deformation/ejector swipe. I could definitely be wrong but I wouldn't expect a burr on the ejector hole to cause cases getting stuck in the chamber AND the problem getting worse as more rounds are fired.

If it was me and they were new, CA would be sending my money back. Come on, factory Hornaday ammo and it blows out the case and it won't eject, I have shot some really hot loads and have never had one do that, blow out the primer, yes, beat the bolt open, yes, but they, both Rem 700's, ejected every time, well 3 or 4 times, because I stopped shooting those bullets.
Yep, that is the gun itself and not hot loads.