Ridgeline FFT 280AI (load update… Berger 168’s)

Very nice looking rifle, those targets do look promising. I got my 1st CA earlier this year (Mesa in 7-08), haven't had time to do much with it yet.
I'll be follow your progress.

Last edited:
22'' barrel plus the brake?
Interested in the feel of the stock and if it is plastic like and noisy on brush...
Thanks for posting
My buddy bought the Ridgeline FFT in 7/08, first thing we did was tear it apart, the stock weighed 18.7 oz, I checked his scales and they were dead on, I hate noisey stocks, I'm assuming we hunt the same way…it's not dead quiet like wood obviously but I found it to be quiet for a synthetic, as good as any other quality synthetic stock anyways, no snare drum sound like a cheap plastic stock, I was impressed overall and plan on ordering a lefty as soon one hits a dealer, for a big woods carry rifle I think these will be tough to beat for new offerings in 2022, if they shoot the inflated fieldcraft prices should come to an end… I have a Forbes in 7/08 that Melvin gave his blessings too and I would have no problem running one of these FFT rifles.

If anyone is interested, here is what the black w/gray accents looks like in the FFT. I just got mine yesterday. View attachment 374226View attachment 374226
F80C2171-0655-493F-9C90-5C2203A82944.jpeg
B829E2A7-4CFD-4B1D-8B4E-D68DF9070077.jpeg
748FBAB7-DACA-4D65-9824-B6166306925A.jpeg
707F509A-AA30-46E8-81B9-2CA94ABBF197.jpeg
604B91BF-F915-4DCE-86F8-B74ADF5C927E.jpeg

If anyone is interested, here is what the black w/gray accents looks like in the FFT. I just got mine yesterday. View attachment 374226View attachment 374226View attachment 374228View attachment 374229View attachment 374230View attachment 374232View attachment 374233
I'm impressed with how light this rifle is, but overall the fit and finish isn't what I would expect from a $2000 rifle. Looks like they just don't have the quality control in check. I tried to show some of this in the photos. The bolt lift after dry firing is super tight. I'm not sure that my 16 year old daughter will be able to use this rifle for hunting without some adjustments. Hopefully this will smooth out during the break in period.

Glad to see this thread. I have been waiting for these to come out.....not sure if any of you have other previous ridgeline models and can draw any comparisons as far as smoothness of bolt, etc.....but I have a Ridgeline Titanium and the bolt lift on it (dry firing or after a live round) is also alot heavier than my previous standard Ridgeline.

Am trying to decide which caliber to get this FFT in for a stone sheep hunt next year. I have brass and all reloading components for 6.5C, 308, 7-08, 270, 7 RM, and 300 Win....so likely will choose one of those

Glad to see this thread. I have been waiting for these to come out.....not sure if any of you have other previous ridgeline models and can draw any comparisons as far as smoothness of bolt, etc.....but I have a Ridgeline Titanium and the bolt lift on it (dry firing or after a live round) is also alot heavier than my previous standard Ridgeline.

Am trying to decide which caliber to get this FFT in for a stone sheep hunt next year. I have brass and all reloading components for 6.5C, 308, 7-08, 270, 7 RM, and 300 Win....so likely will choose one of those
It sounds like you have a tough decision to make...

I got mine in the 280 AI, but as mentioned previously, I was not impressed with the build quality. I ordered it online - I think I got the "It's 5:00 Somewhere Version." Anyway, Christensen says that they are taking care of it. They made me ship it back to them. Here is the note I received from their rep. once it made it to their warranty repair facility: "We received your firearm here at Christensen Arms on -. We are currently seeing a 4 to 8 week turnaround for services and repairs on average. This may vary depending on the type of services required. It is our goal to finish and return your firearm to you as quickly as possible.":confused:. I will follow with an update when I get it back.

Does anyone have any velocity reports for these 22" barrels? I'm just curious what I'll be able to squeeze out of the 280 AI without being too hard on it...

I have the standard Ridgeline in 300 win mag and I really like it ,it does have the heavy bolt lift after firing as others has stated but I have only fired 50 rounds thru it so far but I think it will lessen as time goes on mine shot a little under an inch out of the box with factory federal ammo , and recoil is very manageable my wife shoots it really well and she just getting into the long range game

Does anyone have any velocity reports for these 22" barrels? I'm just curious what I'll be able to squeeze out of the 280 AI without being too hard on it...
I should have a report on this by the end of the weekend. Mind you it'll still be low round count velocities

Depending on how heavy a bullet you want to shoot. My 23" 280 AI shoots the 140 AH over 3300 FPS. Only bullet I've tried in it so far.

Went first thing this am before we hit 105 again… Texas summers are FUN. Anyways, I shot kinda crummy today but still moa groups. Gun seems to be functioning how I would expect and any concerns I was having are put to bet. Action has smoothed up, no more stuck plunger, no pressure signs.

Took velocity measurements today and averaged 2706 fps shooting Hendershot extreme ammo, Hornady ELDx 162's, powder charge unknown weight but H4831sc I believe is what they told me they use, and Peterson brass, non-mag primers.

Next up I'm gonna load up some Berger 168s and get to work finding a good hunting load for this fall. Times ticking!

56AE5823-816C-4DAA-ABC4-EE59E35EDC22.jpeg