Nosler rounds and Christensen Ridgeline FFT

Buffalobwana

I'm all over the board right now trying to find my "forever rifle". A light 20-22" gun that shoots fast bullets 3000-3300 fps.

I have plenty of very accurate guns in the 6.5 to 300 mag range. I'm not in love with any of them for hiking any appreciable distance, except for possibly my 20" 308. But I want more speed.

I read in an older post about someone buying a 28 Nosler and wishing he bought 26, 30 and 33 nos barrels for it. The idea was to swap barrels occasionally for different uses.

Is this madness? Or brilliance? I'm intrigued.

I like the "idea" of the Christensen Ridgeline FFT. A 22" barrels is a must, since it will wear a can and it's super light.

Is this a good rifle? Or more to the point, worth the $. Can one, with some skills and proper tools, perform a barrel swap with the carbon wrapped barrels, in an hour or two?

Talk to me!

I think the FFT stocks have crossed the line into too light territory. Maybe in a lighter recoiling cartridge or light bullets they would be ok. I don't like the feel of them either compared to the Ridgeline. Just me.
6.5 PRC 22'' Hammer absolutes @3,+++? Might be your huckleberry
Your .308 with lighter monos and Tac would get you there too?

I built a true switch barrel rifle that is extremely easy to change and use two barrels. One for the Fall big game season and the other the rest of the year.

My two pennies.

What about these prefit Oregon Mountain carbon fiber barrels? I have a few rifles that never leave the safe bc I don't like the accuracy or something about them. Easily could be considered donor actions.

Wby Vanguard in 270 - I just never use it. Can rebarrel this to a 6.5 PRC for $800

Rem 700 - 7mm-08 mountain rifle (never could get better than 1.75" w this gun) Will the 6.5 PRC fit in a Rem 700 short action?

I also have a Wby Vanguard 7mag that has untold # of rounds through it. Wouldn't hurt my feelings to rebarrel it in a 22". Is that a ridiculous idea for a 7mag?

6.8W in Mesa FFT is your huckleberry. Lots of good 130-150 bullets including higher BC options for the 270 that will shoot 3000-3300 fps plus can use the new batch of true heavy high BC bullets available for the 6.8 faster twist. A 140 super bulldozer 3100-3200 fps with BC of .65 would be wicked out of a short /supressed gun

Lou

I bought $200 worth of 6.5 PRC ammo … so … the decision has been made!

This is the definition of putting the cart before the horse, but, it works for me.