Berger 168 Speed?

jsthntn247

I have a load worked up for the 168 Berger VLD target and one for the 178 Amax. The Berger load is 45.2 grains and the Amax load is 42.8. My chrono died after shooting the amax which I was getting avg speeds of 2680 with 12 fps ES. This load had 9.1 moa of drop at 460 yards on paper. My 168 Berger's only dropped 7.0 moa at the same distance. The balistic calculator says that the load had to be running 2900 fps to do this with the g7 of .242 which Berger states. This seems a little fast for my 24" barrel. Any body else shoot these? what kind of speeds are yall seeing?

Bullets are seared to touch the lands, 210m primers. Just wondering what fps most folks were getting with the 168's.

What LouBoyd said. Make sure your data input is correct. Ran some numbers on Shooter and something does not sound right. Good luck on your load testing.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.