Revolver iron sight ?

catskinr

I have a question about revolver iron sights. I would like to be able to hit steel out to around 200 yards somewhat consistently with iron sighted revolver. Is there a "better" sight setup that would make that easier? Seems to me the rear sight on mine the gap is quite a bit wider than the front. And I would think having a narrower front would help as well. Or do I need to suck it up and learn to shoot what I have better? Any suggestions appreciated. Thank you.
IMG_5671.jpeg
IMG_5669.jpeg

I have a question about revolver iron sights. I would like to be able to hit steel out to around 200 yards somewhat consistently with iron sighted revolver. Is there a "better" sight setup that would make that easier? Seems to me the rear sight on mine the gap is quite a bit wider than the front. And I would think having a narrower front would help as well. Or do I need to suck it up and learn to shoot what I have better? Any suggestions appreciated. Thank you. View attachment 551823View attachment 551824
I know that you are looking Iron sights. You may want to put a good Mini Red Dot on it. we have them on or .45 & 9mm 1911s.
I have only shot my .45 1911 out to 100 yds and it is right one and easy for accuracy.

I'm not sure if they'd be thin enough to hit at 200, but Fermin Garza (2 Dog Customs) makes aftermarket sights for a few different Revolver makes.

I know that you are looking Iron sights. You may want to put a good Mini Red Dot on it. we have them on or .45 & 9mm 1911s.
I have only shot my .45 1911 out to 100 yds and it is right one and easy for accuracy.
I have other revolvers with scopes and red dots. So I'm trying to get one with iron sights rigged to get as much distance as irons will allow.

Look at the sights used for IHMSA. The front sight is generally hooded and often adjustable for width and height, and are combined with click adjustable rear sights. Sight radius is important too.
Is there any particular brand or company to buy from you'd recommend for those?

I have a question about revolver iron sights. I would like to be able to hit steel out to around 200 yards somewhat consistently with iron sighted revolver. Is there a "better" sight setup that would make that easier? Seems to me the rear sight on mine the gap is quite a bit wider than the front. And I would think having a narrower front would help as well. Or do I need to suck it up and learn to shoot what I have better? Any suggestions appreciated. Thank you. View attachment 551823View attachment 551824
What cartridge are you shooting?

Wow shooting a revolver to 200 yds. Let's get some more info. Very interesting to some of us.
Ok it is a .41 Mag
What Manufacture & model Revolver with barrel length?
Brass, powder & load, bullet manufacture/type and gr weight.
Thanks much!
It's a S&W 657 performance center 6" bbl. I've been shooting Hornady ammo 210gr xtp.

Forget the width, seems to me you'd need a sight tall enough to be able to aim at a target and not the sky! The rear sight opening need to be wider than the front blade so that you can center the blade visually.

Freedom Arms- Silhouette/Competition Model 83, shows their 41Magnum with the sights needed to roll those 200 yard Rams. Competition rear sight with adjustable front sight and front sight hood on a 10 inch barrel for serious work. Probably some version of that for anything close to usable at 200 yards.