Revic Ranging Bino

Bumping this to the top. Curious about any more experiences with the Revic. I am debating upgrading from my 2400ABS and just combining it with my binos for simplicity.

Bumping this to the top. Curious about any more experiences with the Revic. I am debating upgrading from my 2400ABS and just combining it with my binos for simplicity.
I actually just used them all weekend pretty extensively, shooting a few dozen targets from 300-1050 yards and they performed great. I'm not disappointed in them whatsoever. Excellent ranging bino with very fast wind input capabilities

Has anyone done extended glassing sessions with the Revics on a tripod? Any issues with eye fatigue duirng longer sits?
Forgot to update this! Used them next to my NL's quite a bit this weekend. Unfortunately they just are not comparable.

The Revic's have a little fish bowl effect when looking around inside the image. They are also only clear for about 80% of the image and then fuzzy towards the rest of the edge.

BUT they are excellent at ranging and still have a pretty good image for a ranging bino. I definitely plan to keep them and utilize them a lot. But they won't be replacing the NL/BR4 combo for my backpack glassing intensive hunts.

9698B481-BE41-4DD8-9425-B661E234F816.jpeg

7A4F3A9B-0B82-4CFA-BFFB-B0F9288873F3.jpeg

Glassed in low light last night with the 12x pures and revic, and was glassing a little over 2100 yds. If there is a difference in low light, and there may be, it's pretty hard to tell. The image quality of the revic is very good in most of the image but does not have that edge to edge crisp clear image that the pures have. I feel like I could see some of the same detail with the Revics as I could with the swaros. The extra 2x of the pure does help some but it's not as big of a difference as I thought it would be. Was looking toward the west at sunset when I did this test. The revic does have the rolling ball effect, but if you aren't moving your head around too much you wouldn't notice it. Didn't bother me. The range finder worked great, had no problems ranging up to 2500yds. Ranged stumps, trees and some maple clusters. Definitely going to do some more testing, but I'm still impressed. Is it worth leaving the 12 nl pures and br4 at home? I don't know. View attachment 466403
I didn't even see this shared post Ed. I had the exact same experience! The Revic are legit, but not quite legit enough for me to consider leaving the NL 12's at home. I do however think I may bring both of them some non extensive hunts. And only bring the Revics for coyotes, pigs and maybe even rutting bucks. Anytime you're running and gunning and needing multiple fast ranges, the Revics are just far superior to the BR4 and worth having for sure.

I didn't even see this shared post Ed. I had the exact same experience! The Revic are legit, but not quite legit enough for me to consider leaving the NL 12's at home. I do however think I may bring both of them some non extensive hunts. And only bring the Revics for coyotes, pigs and maybe even rutting bucks. Anytime you're running and gunning and needing multiple fast ranges, the Revics are just far superior to the BR4 and worth having for sure.
I agree. I'm taking the 12s and br4 for hunting still. I sent the revics back. they still impressed me and would've been awesome for what you described. I've heard rumors of a new swaro rf bino coming out also according to a rep. He thought 12s or 15s.

I ended up ordering a pair that came in yesterday. As much as I would like to I just don't do big, glassing intensive back country hunts yet. For me as an all around option for long range shooting and hunting coyotes/pigs I think these will be the ticket. I was having trouble with mine day one trying to display the BDC from my profiles in the app no matter how many times I synced it. Updated the firmware and still no dice. Was going to call Revic this morning and try and figure it out and when I pulled them out they magically started working. Concerns me a bit considering their retail price. Otherwise I like them, glass is pretty good, maybe not quite up to my SLCs. The menu, app, and general options are way easier to navigate than my Sig was. Definitely not a weight saving option if you are trying to cut down from separate similarly sized binos and RF though.

I ended up ordering a pair that came in yesterday. As much as I would like to I just don't do big, glassing intensive back country hunts yet. For me as an all around option for long range shooting and hunting coyotes/pigs I think these will be the ticket. I was having trouble with mine day one trying to display the BDC from my profiles in the app no matter how many times I synced it. Updated the firmware and still no dice. Was going to call Revic this morning and try and figure it out and when I pulled them out they magically started working. Concerns me a bit considering their retail price. Otherwise I like them, glass is pretty good, maybe not quite up to my SLCs. The menu, app, and general options are way easier to navigate than my Sig was. Definitely not a weight saving option if you are trying to cut down from separate similarly sized binos and RF though.
Yeah that is weird dude. I don't remember having any issues with mine with linking the profile. To me, they are best ranging bino I've used. Good glass, but excellent ranging and ballistics. Which is the main thing for a ranging bino. Watch the videos and also play with how easy it is to input wind in the calculation. Pretty simple and fast.

Yeah that is weird dude. I don't remember having any issues with mine with linking the profile. To me, they are best ranging bino I've used. Good glass, but excellent ranging and ballistics. Which is the main thing for a ranging bino. Watch the videos and also play with how easy it is to input wind in the calculation. Pretty simple and fast.

I was thinking it had to be user error but then the fact that they just worked today gave me a little more confidence that it wasn't just me. I do like them though, I find them very intuitive and I am looking forward to getting out and really using them. Seems like they are the right combination of good glass and excellent ranging/ballistic solver. My fear with the combo units has always been giving up one of those up.

Are you running yours with an Outdoorsmans stud or anything for support? I am trying to figure out which one fits the best because my Swarovski/Large one doesn't sit flush.

I was thinking it had to be user error but then the fact that they just worked today gave me a little more confidence that it wasn't just me. I do like them though, I find them very intuitive and I am looking forward to getting out and really using them. Seems like they are the right combination of good glass and excellent ranging/ballistic solver. My fear with the combo units has always been giving up one of those up.

Are you running yours with an Outdoorsmans stud or anything for support? I am trying to figure out which one fits the best because my Swarovski/Large one doesn't sit flush.
Yeah I'm using the outdoorsmans stud on mine. Works excellent. I just called and asked them with one it took. I can't remember off the top of my head which thread size it was though

I bought the new Revic bino from @gr8fuldoug at cameralandny.com this morning. I sure love doing business with those guys over there. They are always worth a phone call for member discounts!

I've really liked my BR4 but always missed having a pair of ranging binos. My plan is to keep using NL Pure 12's & the BR4 for all my backpack, glassing intensive hunts. But use the new Revic binos for all my range trips and truck hunting for coyotes and pigs.

I'll keep the thread updated once I receive them! But highly recommend giving Doug at cameraland a call if you're interested in a pair. They're a forum sponsor and sure take care of their forum members! 👊🏼
The Revic binos are outstanding! Absolutely the best combo optics available, and I've hunted with all the competitors.

I was having trouble with mine day one trying to display the BDC from my profiles in the app no matter how many times I synced it. Updated the firmware and still no dice. Was going to call Revic this morning and try and figure it out and when I pulled them out they magically started working. Concerns me a bit considering their retail price.
I was having the same issue with the Revic BR4, it wasn't doing what it showed in the video but between the update and making sure the phones GPS is turned on everything works as it should. Call Erin at GW if you have any issues, she is very helpful !

Yeah I'm using the outdoorsmans stud on mine. Works excellent. I just called and asked them with one it took. I can't remember off the top of my head which thread size it was though
I shot them an email and they told me just the one that I have is the one they recommend. I tightened it down a little more and used the set screw and it feels solid. Today I managed to range out to 2885 yards just leaning against my truck so the set up is pretty forgiving even without the support of a tripod.

I was having the same issue with the Revic BR4, it wasn't doing what it showed in the video but between the update and making sure the phones GPS is turned on everything works as it should. Call Erin at GW if you have any issues, she is very helpful !

Awesome. Knock on wood it seems to be working great now. I will check those if it gives me any concerns in the future. Definitely frustrating when you buy something new and it doesn't quite perform the way you had hoped. Everyone says GW/Revic has great CS and so far they have answered my questions and I am confident they would take care of me in the future.

I shot them an email and they told me just the one that I have is the one they recommend. I tightened it down a little more and used the set screw and it feels solid. Today I managed to range out to 2885 yards just leaning against my truck so the set up is pretty forgiving even without the support of a tripod.

Awesome. Knock on wood it seems to be working great now. I will check those if it gives me any concerns in the future. Definitely frustrating when you buy something new and it doesn't quite perform the way you had hoped. Everyone says GW/Revic has great CS and so far they have answered my questions and I am confident they would take care of me in the future.
They do have great CS. I've reached out to them quite a few times for random stuff. Good dudes over there.