Return to zero feature

muleyman

Hey what do you guys use for a return to zero setting once you dial for windage. I have a Leupold VXIII Long Range Target. I made some washers of various thicknesses which come close but was curious what else was being used, if anything. Thanks

I used a 20 MOA base + 2 ten MOA(?) BURRIS inserts making a total of about 30 MOAS. Once I zeroed at 100 yards, 1 full turn and my Night Force vertical Turret will buttom out. ----One full turn up after that and I'm in bussiness. Oh, and I have lot's of long range adjustment for my Sendero 300 RUM. :)

I Shoot Mini-silhouettes..for Practice...

and when in competition, we have to sight in prior to the start, then we know where our scope setting are for the different distances. when we finish shooting at certain distance, we return to zero using our turrets which are adjusted by loosening the small allen screws and set to 0,0.

when we have to change from 40 meters to 60,77,100 and 150 meters we already know how many clicks there are between the various distances. at the end of the comp, I usually recheck my 0,0 and find that almost always is correct.(+/- 1 ).

I also own a 6.5-20X50 long range leupy (dot reticle) on my anschutz 1413 supermatch and find its amusingly precise.

on another anschutz model silhouette I have a 24 br leupy also with a dot reticle it always comes back to zero, and this scope has more than 15 years with me.. and has seen some abuse.

use the allen screws!

Joe

Not alot you can do for windage.
Hard to imagine so much adjustment needed there, that you can't find your way back!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts