• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Retumbo 8# @ Sportsman’s!!!

Put an 8 pounder of Retumbo on the shelf for $329.00, At Sportsmans, see if it's there a week later, probably not, if the store is open ! Can't get it here fast enough.

Last edited:
Just like a new pickup truck, some guys pay over list, because they have the money and GM Dodge, Ford ,can't make them fast enough these days. Powders from Australia are not arriving fast enough to keep up with demand.

Why blame Sportsman?
Prices are going up on everything…. I don't blame Sportsman… their costs have risen also, and they still have to make a profit.

I'm in the auto parts distribution business and have seen our prices raised on many lines over 40 times last year… and now in 2022.
Oil, filters, rotors, and more.. lubricants over 7 times in 2022.

their costs on powder and other items today.. is NOT the same as 3 years ago
I'm sure you have seen it at the grocery store… as well
Why blame sportsman's? It was just 349 per 8. Now it jumps from that to 560 per. That's not normal inflation, that's gouging.... yes, there is increases, but there is also taking advantage of...

Attachments

• 0DDFACA0-98B9-4B19-BD7E-CE3F0AFA2A32.jpeg
    0DDFACA0-98B9-4B19-BD7E-CE3F0AFA2A32.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
Someone will buy it and put it on GB. LMAO

Geez, I'm getting too old, for it doesn't seem that long ago when I walked away from 8# jugs of various powders @ $100. I still have a few varied 1# cans in the shop with $4.95, $6.99 and $7.00 stickers on them. Sad....
It is sad but the other side of me wonders what the average annual income was at the same time those powders were for sale. Also curious what an entry level house would have cost a guy back then.

It is sad but the other side of me wonders what the average annual income was at the same time those powders were for sale. Also curious what an entry level house would have cost a guy back then.
During those times, I could buy about 2#'s of powder for an hour's wages. Preparing for dove season, I remember buying an 8# keg of Red Dot for $35. Locally, the average starter brick home, about 1,200sq/ft could be bought for about 1 to 1 1/2 year's pretax income. Remington 700's were selling for $129, 870 Wingmasters - $79-84, and a new Chevy Sierra Grande truck cost me $5,650 out the door.

Can't come close to that now even with greatly increased wages.

Last edited:
Let's all make a deal……When (or if) everything gets back to normal, let's all stock up on everything. That way, when crunches come and go, we won't be forced to pay these prices.

but but then that's hoarding and you're prt of the problem.

/sarcasm

all seriousness, i did just that. bought when times where good. i will say though, my LGS still cuts me deals since i've stuck with him through the last couple panics and didn't take advantage of him and his kindness during this mess and the last couple ordeals.

Why blame sportsman's? It was just 349 per 8. Now it jumps from that to 560 per. That's not normal inflation, that's gouging.... yes, there is increases, but there is also taking advantage of...
Are u certain their costs have not gone up for this product? Labor? Etc?

Are u certain their costs have not gone up for this product? Labor? Etc?
I just bought Retumbo from my LGS 3 weeks ago. 6, 1lb containers from a new shipment. $38 a lb. I'm fairly certain their cost hasn't increased that much. The same company makes h4831sc, h1000. Paid $289 for h4831sc for 8lbs 2 weeks ago from Midway. H1000 going for about $330-350 per 8 lately also. Anyways…. Everyone has a choice which is just fine. I've got a choice to buy it and they've got a choice to sell it for what they want.