resetable windage/elevation target knobs with positive stop?

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by rlipson, Feb 20, 2005.

1. rlipson

rlipson Well-Known Member

Which scopes have windage and elevation adjustments with resetable zeroes where you can set the zero with a postive stop? I'd like to replace my Leupy 6.5-20 with target knobs for a scope with a better system.

Ideas?

Thanks

2. Dave Liwanag

Dave Liwanag Member

Try the Nightforce Zero Stop or the Kenton Zero Stop (for Leupolds) for elevation. Brownell's just started carrying them.

3. Matt27

Matt27 Well-Known Member

You can't get the zero stop for the nightforce unless you are LE or military.

If you go NF route talk to Dave Viers www.viersco.com.
    I believe he makes his own zero stops for his nightforce's and he use to frequent this forum. He is up in Allen(?) Ne i belive Roger.

4. rlipson

Matt,

That's probably Alliance, NE. I'll check it out. That seem pretty dumb that NF would make that a "LEO" feature. What the heck does it matter who uses it? It's not like it's a Class III device!

Roger

5. 4ked Horn

4ked Horn Writers Guild

Sinister, do you have a link for the Leupold zerostop. I can't find it at the brownells site. Thanks.

6. Matt27

Matt27 Well-Known Member

Roger

He is up by Wayne.

7. Dave Liwanag

Dave Liwanag Member

I finally found the Brownell's catalog update insert I've been rooting around for. I thought it was the Nightforce Zero stop, but it's the D&L Sports "Speed Turret" knobs for retro-fit.

NXS Long Range and Leupold Target knobs give four complete revs, and the NXS Medium Range gives two full revs.

100-001-767 NXS LR Speed Turret
    100-001-768 NXS MR Speed Turret
    100-001-769 Leupold Target Speed Turret.

I don't know if the Leupold Turret is any better than the Kinton Industries turret.

8. 4ked Horn

4ked Horn Writers Guild

Thanks for researching that for me and getting back. I will certainly look for them.

9. rlipson

Thanks guys, great post! After reading the other thread on repeatability I'm grooving on Mr. Tucker's mods.....I hate it when I learn about some new anal retentive mod that now I can't live without!