replacing stock firing pin and spring on rem 700

I have replaced all of my firing pins and springs with Dave Tubb's speedlock systems firing pins and springs in all of my Model 700. For one thing the stock firing lock time is 2.6 ms and Dave's is 1.6 ms but that isn't why I always replace them. If you set up your stock 700 on the bench like you are going to fire it but dry fire and watch the crosshairs you will see a jump when the firing pin releases and with Dave Tubb's no jump in the crosshairs at all. I showed this to my gunsmith one time and he didn't believe me until he tried it for himself.

I have replaced all of my firing pins and springs with Dave Tubb's speedlock systems firing pins and springs in all of my Model 700. For one thing the stock firing lock time is 2.6 ms and Dave's is 1.6 ms but that isn't why I always replace them. If you set up your stock 700 on the bench like you are going to fire it but dry fire and watch the crosshairs you will see a jump when the firing pin releases and with Dave Tubb's no jump in the crosshairs at all. I showed this to my gunsmith one time and he didn't believe me until he tried it for himself.
I do like the dual reverse wound springs

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.