Repla

bbradford71

OK - I just recently got my new Savage 300 WSM and am loving shooting it, I am getting really good sub MOA groups out of it at 100 yards. I am currently working up some loads and can't wait to see what it will do further out.

Not sure why but I really want to do some custom work on it and have decided that the stock is the best place to start, I do not really care for the factory stock that came on it so it needs to go. I am not that up to date with this type of stuff, where is a good place to get a replacement stock and what are some good brands to look at? Is replaceing a stock something that a lay person like myself can change out or do I need to have it done by a professional gunsmith?

Thanks

a very nice f-class type stock is the ones made by craig at pcdcustom.com they are aluminum and drop in fit! his work is top notch. take a look!

Last edited:
Thanks....So with one of these stocks I can just unscrew the bolts on my savage and take all the hardware out in one piece and drop it into the new stock and tighten up the bolts and I will be ready to re-zero the rifle?

yes. as long as you let craig know the model # of the savage you have. being aluminum they are rock solid. here is me savage pistol in a pdc stock (i have a rifle also)
026.jpg

Last edited:
Changing out your stock is simple and in my experience has been one of the largest improvements you can do. I have a Bell and Carlson Varmint/Tactical stock that is really good and made a real improvement in the rifle and my shooting form.
I'm going to put on one of the new Stocky's Stocks Bobby Hart wood laminate stocks, those will need to be pillar bedded but it is real easy and no big deal to DIY.
Stockade stocks provide a real nice stock and are an excellent value if you can do some minor finishing.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.