Replace or not to replace?

Oldschool280

Hello gang, brand new member here. I have a very old Bausch and Lomb Balvar scope on my Remington 760 in 280.rem. it is the only scope I have ever owned that has external adjustments ( on the mount not on the scope itself) . With factory ammo it groups well and hits where I aim it. The question is , does this setup have any advantages? Does it have any collector value? I have a hankering to put new optics on, something from leupold or comparable quality, That is easier to adjust for different loads. I wouldn't want to trash anything of historical value ect.Any opinions or info will be greatly apreciated . P.s. The rifle is from 1960 , the scope must be of similar vintage.

I've seen them advertised for from $100 to nearly $300 but I couldn't tell you why the price spread is that great. I suppose it could just be an issue of condition.
You're not going to achieve much by selling that scope and putting the money into the price of a more modern scope. So I'd suggest you clean it up and store it safely - buy a new modern scope - and reserve the decision of selling it for some time in the future when you've done enough research to know exactly what you have, what it's worth, and how badly you truly need to sell it.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts