Remy 700 300 win mag 5R

colohunter

I just bought a Remington 700 300 win mag with the 5R barrel and a Bell and Carlson stock. It has a 26 inch barrel and was supposedly part of a special run where the B&C stock and cerakoted the barrel.

This is my first 300wm and am wondering what you think of this particular rifle. It is also threaded with a good break on it as I got it from my Accuracy International dealer.

I'm going to put a Nightforce ATACR on it after reading the review here the other day. Do I need to change the trigger or anything else?

Thanks,

I absolutely hate the X-Mark Pro trigger. They're junk. The adjustability is a joke. I'd pull it and put a Jewell or Jard in it.

Other than that, sounds like you got it figured out.

I have several older Remington's with a trued and worked (old style) factory trigger and they are as good as any aftermarket, but my 5R .308 came with the X-Mark Pro trigger, and I can't stand it. Soon as I get some spare funds it's coming out and a Jewell Benchrest trigger is going in it's place.

i have three shilen and one jewell. i also have several with a factory triggers adjusted to be real good. google "remington crisp" follow the directions.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.