rem 700 5r gen 2 300 win mag

cowboy717

Hello all. I am just curious if anyone has any info on the new gen 2 5r in 300 win mag. I just ordered one on a whim. The shop actually could get them cheaper than the sendero and i just kinda said what the heck i will try it.
It is only a 24 inch barrel, fluted, threaded, tactical knob. and B and C stock. Kinda curious if anyone else has messed with one yet and had any loads for the 215 bergers to try through it once it gets here.
Thanks all

Lots on this site to be found. Most are using h1000 under the 215. My current load (still in development) w/ a 25" barrel RWS brass win primer and 71.8gr has be about 2715fps. I'll push it a little harder later but for now I just need a good load b/c I have a feb barbary hunt.

Hello all. I am just curious if anyone has any info on the new gen 2 5r in 300 win mag. I just ordered one on a whim. The shop actually could get them cheaper than the sendero and i just kinda said what the heck i will try it.
It is only a 24 inch barrel, fluted, threaded, tactical knob. and B and C stock. Kinda curious if anyone else has messed with one yet and had any loads for the 215 bergers to try through it once it gets here.
Thanks all

I haven't been around the Gen II yet, but the Gen I is impressive. I don't know why the II would be any different. The Gen II looks nice with the black coating and flutes. The stock is actually an HS Precision stock, which IMO is a better stock than the B&C stocks that Rem uses. I think you'll be happy.

I haven't been around the Gen II yet, but the Gen I is impressive. I don't know why the II would be any different. The Gen II looks nice with the black coating and flutes. The stock is actually an HS Precision stock, which IMO is a better stock than the B&C stocks that Rem uses. I think you'll be happy.
The 5R Milspec (G1 & G2), PSS (I think it's called the Police II now), LTR, and Sendero all use real HS Precision stocks from the factory.

The Long Range, XCR Tacticals, Mountain LSS, and the new 700ML Ultimate Muzzle Loader, are the only B&C Medalist stocked Remington models I'm aware of (there could be more).

The B&C Medalists are not bad stocks. The HS stocks are solid fiberglass, and are more rigid. The B&C stocks appear to be injection molded resin with a solid aluminum bedding block that runs full-length. I have quite a few HS Precisions stocks on rifles, and 1 B&C Medalist. All of them shoot good.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts