remmy 700 7mm mag bolt release sticks open ???

sometimes on mine old oil gets under it and is gummy . cleaning should take care for it.

sometimes on mine old oil gets under it and is gummy . cleaning should take care for it.

My 700 .338 WinMag is that way. Like Ronin said, just probably needs a good cleaning. I bought my .338 WM used, recently, and it's been like that since I bought it. I need to clean it, too.

Ronin, any recomendations on cleaning solvents for that? Brake kleen?

I have actually had to help track down a remmy700 bolt in the field from your issue; not fun back-tracking in the badlands looking for fly s#@t in pepper. It's usually a gummed up thing like the others have said, but it could be slightly bent or scratched up undreneath where it moves. If you can't de-grease it and get it free, soak it with kroil for a day or three and work it free by cycling the crap out of it. It should work unless it's really bad, if so then you probably need to get a gunsmith involved.

I had a rash of that happening to 700s a couple years ago. What caused it with my guns is that foam bore cleaner. It cleans a bore real good but if it gets in your action it leaves a very sticky residue that gums up everything. I just quit using it.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts