Remmy 700 questions...?

Quest84

So here's the deal I have a 700 ADL LA in .270 with the standard sporter barrel. I'd like to keep it for nostalgic reasons as it was my fathers rifle in which he used to down many a whitetail. That being said I would like to make it a bit more of a tack driver at 0-300 yds. It will mostly be used for hunting so what do you guys think could be done to get this rifle up to par?

How does it shoot now? It's likely that a good cleaning, appropriate loads and maybe a trigger adjustment is all you need to shoot great out to 300yds.

AJ

How does it shoot now? It's likely that a good cleaning, appropriate loads and maybe a trigger adjustment is all you need to shoot great out to 300yds.

AJ
I've got it very clean now and I adjusted the trigger down to a comfortable pull. It shoots well, about 1" groups @ 100yds. I would def like to get an aftermarket trigger unless you guys know of a way to make the 700 trigger stay where you adjust it (mine are unreliable at best). It seems to tighten up on me from season to season.

What loads are you using? Re-loads? If I had my dads rifle and it was shooting 1" or better at 100yds, I probably wouldn't change a thing. I have other rifles that I tinker with.

AJ

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts