Remminton Brass is $!@$

cabelas90

I recently bought 100 rounds of remmington brass went to use them today and over 60% of them had dents in the neck then once i had resized them to fix the necks and primed them i was deburring and chamfuring 50 of the of witch 3 had split necks WTH
DSCF1055.jpg

I ordered 1000 remington cases from Cabela's. I have neck sized and deburred the flashholes on about 600 so far, and not found a bad case. These are also for the 204

The dents are common and from my experience they don't hurt anything. It has to do with the way they tumble their cases in large quantities. Usually they come with a little orange piece of paper warning about this, though that may be a Midway thing.

Split necks also happen. I've ordered may hundreds of RUM cases and usually get a few split necks. I've also had Lapua brass in .243 with split necks (2 of 100). Toss them in the junk bin and move on.

Its not uncommon to see dents in any bulk shipped brass. It is also not uncommon to see neck flaws in any brand of brass. In your case, you are seeing a higher number then average which I suspect is just bad luck. I suspect your next 50 brass will be better.

IMO small dents is not a reason to throw them away (it is a reason to be mad though!). I have had several wsm cases that I used way too much lube on and got quite a bit of denting on the shoulder. Loaded them up with a light load and fired them. after a couple loadings you can't tell the difference from the rest.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.