Remington vls // mdt hs3

Ironman 009

Good day

I am not sure whether this is the correct section to ask this question so here it goes.

I have a Remington 700 VLS 308 and am considering replacing the laminated stock with a MDT HS23.

How does the above mentioned stocks compare to each other with regards to quality, weight, accuracy and so forth and is there any reason as to why I should not do it.

Is it an upgrade, down grade or am I simply wasting my hard earned cash?

Any advice/imput will be appreciated!

Good day

I am not sure whether this is the correct section to ask this question so here it goes.

I have a Remington 700 VLS 308 and am considering replacing the laminated stock with a MDT HS23.

How does the above mentioned stocks compare to each other with regards to quality, weight, accuracy and so forth and is there any reason as to why I should not do it.

Is it an upgrade, down grade or am I simply wasting my hard earned cash?

Any advice/imput will be appreciated!
You mean the MDT HS3... weight wise it will probably not make much of a difference, depending on what you have. And depending on what you are doing with it, it is a big step up in quality and accuracy! Certainly not a waste of cash. Especally with a trued action, replace the recoil lug and put it in an MDT chassis, you will shoot groups below 0.5"!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.