Remington US MODEL 1917

itchytriggerfinger

Does anyone have any amount of experience with the Remington 1917? I have one that I acquired from my father and it needs a ton of work and I am trying to determine if it is even worth investing any time and money into it.
I am right hand/left eye dominant so I shoot left hand so the rifle would only be sentimental, very little practical use for me.
Any info would be appreciated,
Thanks,
Jim

nksmfamjp

What’s it look like? It‘s a good action, but has some oddities compared to modern.

Does anyone have any amount of experience with the Remington 1917? I have one that I acquired from my father and it needs a ton of work and I am trying to determine if it is even worth investing any time and money into it.
I am right hand/left eye dominant so I shoot left hand so the rifle would only be sentimental, very little practical use for me.
Thanks,
Jim
Check with the guys at Sarco... https://www.sarcoinc.com/ if it's salvageable they can be very good rifles. I've used the actoin of one for a .308 Norma mag build back in the late 60's it was a very nice rifle, I believe Remington used the action in some of their early rifles as well. One (1917) in top condition is worth bucks these days.

shortgrass

Thanks,
Jim
Has it already been 'sporterized'?

itchytriggerfinger

It has. It is in rough shape. I did get a response from a gentleman on here that knows a lot about them, he rebuilds them.
He was not interested in mine as it has holes drilled in the receiver near the abutment lug.
I posted it on Gunbroker and it sold, now just waiting to see if the buyer follows through and sends payment.
C6E723CA-C6DE-45FC-911C-2B3E3CFBFED3.jpeg
4BA40954-C341-48FE-A2CD-7235F6E8C5AE.jpeg
C6E723CA-C6DE-45FC-911C-2B3E3CFBFED3.jpeg

Recent Posts