Remington Mountain Rifle question?

BoomFlop

I'm kind of in a situation where I'm torn with a rifle I have. I have a Remington 700 Mountain DBM chambered in 7mm-08. It is a great rifle, have created a lot of memories with it. I have since started hunting suppressed, which leads me to my question.

Do I sell this rifle? This would only be an option if it has a decent resale value.

Do I just put in the safe and probably never use it again?

Do I send it to Thunderbeast for their face mounted break and maybe have the barrel cut down to to 16.5-20?

Do I use the action and build something? I am just not sure that I want a rifle at that cost that is not built with a Kelbly after getting my first on.

What are all of your thoughts?

Steve

Strictly a personal decision but for me, anymore, I have a hard time selling guns.
I get it that situations change and you maybe don't see a need for it at the moment, but down the line things could change again and you'll wish you had it back.
How does it fit in the list of other calibers that you own? Do you have kids/grandkids/friends who may have a use for it?

It would only overlap with a Remington LTR 308 Win cartridge wise.

My son is 19 with his own custom and factory rifles at this time.

At some point, he may have kids and that 7/08 would be an awesome rifle to hand down to them- especially with all the memories it's garnered over the years.
That's kind of where I'm at, collecting hunting rifles that are being used by myself and my grandkids for deer hunts. That's the reason I bought a 6.5 CM over a 6.5 PRC, and a 280 AI over a 7mm RM.

I understand wanting to get something new, trust me I find any excuse I can to buy a new rifle. I like have various hunting rifles and enjoy using different rifles.

If you can save that rifle I would. The Remington mountain rifles are awesome!