Remington Model 788 Trigger LH

mightyman

I think I posted this in the Classifieds section, so if it is duplicated, please forgive...

I am looking to upgrade my great Remington Model 788 LH 6mm with a new trigger and finding a little trouble locating one for it.

DO you experts have any idea, as I do not think Jewell makes one and so now opening it up to your suggestions.

Rifle shoots magnificently, just wanting to tweak it some.
thanks
Mike

OK, SO I got my new Timney trigger in for the LH Model 788 6mm. Installed it last night as it has a 1.5 trigger pull and feels great.

Couple questions;
1. I cannot screw at all the trigger screw that mounts to the barrel as it will not screw in. It is the one off the old 788. Do they sometime take a different trigger mounting screw? It is not the little pin that slides through the trigger to mount it that way. It was very tough getting in but I got it through. Now cannot get the trigger mount screw to mount in at all...suggestions?

2. The safety will not engage once stock is put on as it is to snug and wont move. You guys ever have to shave your stock somewhat to allow for safety to function properly? Or do you just have the trigger installed professionally and not worry with it.

Any suggestions would help me finish it tonight...or take it in and say my son messed it up!
thanks
MM

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.