Remington Etronic Primers

Call 800-522-3314. Since I'm not there today, ask for Steve. I know we have some. Grab you pocket book though, they are not cheap!!!!

Mid-south shooters supply had them in stock about a year ago. Good chance they still do.

Do you own one or are you thinking about owning one?

Don't own one, probably won't own one but am interested in the technology.

I'm working on a little "swiss navy" project that involves ignition and a firing pin doesn't fit into the design.

Watch the 5:00 news for "Mysterious Explosion Levels Idaho Subdivision" or "Engineer arrested as a terrorist suspect after devastating fireball"

Too windy/snowy just plain yucky to day to do much but speerimint w/stuff. It is so yucky with the wind blowing within 15 degrees of the bullet's line of flight pushed the 40gr Vmax out of the 222 right at 8 inches except when it blew it only 5 inches /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif That was w/a MV of about 3600. Ya just gotta love that 10X and that ~60 year old 26 inch bbl.

Also too snowy and stuff for the chrono to work thus none of my speeriments were logged in that manner.

However, let me say that there are some interesting things to be learned when one gets way out of the box.

1) The ol'REM 700 didn't blow up.
2) I can't explain any of the other stuff I experienced but it was good. We'll see what's up when the day is right for the chrono and I shoot at some targets instead of a big old blow sand dune.

I may have to get into LRHGH, Longrange Hand Gun Hunting. One of the things I learned that you can with one hand hold a REM 700 338 Win w/Holland QD and w/o scope, on the other side of a big poplar tree [shielding) and cut it loose and big whoopers, nothing. Impressive.

Actually I shooting (pun) for #1 Darwin award, 2006 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Actually I shooting (pun) for #1 Darwin award, 2006

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you never heard of sandbags and a string tied to the trigger.

[ QUOTE ]

I guess you never heard of sandbags and a string tied to the trigger.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the "proof" load (first shot) I used my handy dandy adjustable long range shootin rest that was one of my previous engineering feats (feets???) A little inner tube and a bungy around the but and about 50 feet of string.

After that it was one handed from behind the poplar tree.

if jimm sees this its the rollin laffer for sure.

BTW, I noticed that no one ever asks to borrow anything on the trading post side. Figgered I draw jimm out by asking to borrow his Oehler 35. But it was a about like a dry run on coyote callin' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Roy,

I been busy ! 210 gr wildcats for my winnie . Ladder testing like a maniac ( no comments )

So , you want to use the Oehler ehh ? Ok ,, come and get it ! [image]
Lazzeroni.gif
[/image] BTW , you don't have to do all that siuntific stuff like strings and bungees , just hold it and close your eyes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.