Primers not flush

odd that Norma 300 win is running shallow pockets for you... I've got some and it's fine. I guess every manufacturer has an issue from time to time.
as to what to do, I'd get them on a ram mounted primer seater if they won't chamber in your rifle and give them a bit of "help".
if they are really bad then simply decap as others have stated without going gonzo on them.
The brass can be saved with something like the Lyman primer pocket uniformer... I take the cutting head out and put it in a drill for big jobs.

You may want to try and see if you can seat the primer with your bench press.

Crud does accumulate in the bottom of the primer pocket, and some cams on the hand priming tools get worn over time.

You have one or more of three problems, the radius in the bottom of the primer pocket is too great, crud in the bottom of the primer pocket will not allow the primer to be seated with normal pressure, and your priming tool is showing signs of wear.

On primers that are not fully seated, they can give the impression that the case may need full-length sizing. If you extract the case without firing and look at the primer, you can see where the bolt face has scored the primer.

ON a primer that is not fully seated, the firing pin will try and seat the primer when it falls, some say that this gives weird ignition issues, but I do not know the answer to this question.

A good carbide tool that uniforms the primer pocket is money well spent.

I have deprimed many thousands of primed brass over the years without an incident, but I do not slam the decapping pin against the live primer, slow and easy with a deliberate motion. Do not store the decapped primers in an open container near flame or sparks.

You may want to try and see if you can seat the primer with your bench press.

Crud does accumulate in the bottom of the primer pocket, and some cams on the hand priming tools get worn over time.

You have one or more of three problems, the radius in the bottom of the primer pocket is too great, crud in the bottom of the primer pocket will not allow the primer to be seated with normal pressure, and your priming tool is showing signs of wear.

On primers that are not fully seated, they can give the impression that the case may need full-length sizing. If you extract the case without firing and look at the primer, you can see where the bolt face has scored the primer.

ON a primer that is not fully seated, the firing pin will try and seat the primer when it falls, some say that this gives weird ignition issues, but I do not know the answer to this question.

A good carbide tool that uniforms the primer pocket is money well spent.

I have deprimed many thousands of primed brass over the years without an incident, but I do not slam the decapping pin against the live primer, slow and easy with a deliberate motion. Do not store the decapped primers in an open container near flame or sparks.
And wear safety glasses this is important. You only have one set of eyes!

Ok, tried the primer attachment on the press - no difference. Then tried putting a couple layers of scotch tape under the lip of the shell holder in the handheld.It seemed like it was helping, so did all of them over. But then I tried to chamber one of the cases and no go.
El mucho frustrato.
Hey, but thanks for all your help so far. I was thinking of springing for a Frankford Arsenal hand primer. But if the problem is the cases have shallow pockets, that's gonna be a waste of 80 bucks.

Ok, tried the primer attachment on the press - no difference. Then tried putting a couple layers of scotch tape under the lip of the shell holder in the handheld.It seemed like it was helping, so did all of them over. But then I tried to chamber one of the cases and no go.
El mucho frustrato.
Hey, but thanks for all your help so far. I was thinking of springing for a Frankford Arsenal hand primer. But if the problem is the cases have shallow pockets, that's gonna be a waste of 80 bucks.
Maybe try using a feeler gauge under the shell holder on the press. I believe someone else suggested this earlier. I think tape has to much give for what you're trying to do. Just go easy.
Edit don't forget your glasses JIC.

odd that Norma 300 win is running shallow pockets for you... I've got some and it's fine. I guess every manufacturer has an issue from time to time.
as to what to do, I'd get them on a ram mounted primer seater if they won't chamber in your rifle and give them a bit of "help".
if they are really bad then simply decap as others have stated without going gonzo on them.
The brass can be saved with something like the Lyman primer pocket uniformer... I take the cutting head out and put it in a drill for big jobs.
This 👆 if you can

El mucho frustrato.
probably gonna have to cut the pockets then...

Change your shell holder. I just went through this and while it seemed ok a different one was magic. I thought I was having a light firing pin strike as the second attempt to fire always went off. Chased my brain around the man cave for a minute looking at all the impossibles when it was really just a simple fix.

Change your shell holder. I just went through this and while it seemed ok a different one was magic. I thought I was having a light firing pin strike as the second attempt to fire always went off. Chased my brain around the man cave for a minute looking at all the impossibles when it was really just a simple fix.
^^^^^This is exactly what I was going to post^^^^^^

Would you go so far as to even suggest changing the brand of shell holder?
Crap, I just bought this one from Sportsmans. Hope they take it back. If it is out of spec, then to me it is a defective product, same as a drill that won't operate fresh out if the box.

I'd try a different shell holder first.

However... That Frankford Arsenal handheld priming tool is great, and it does let the user adjust the seating depth of the primer. I've used mine extensively for the past year. Pretty gave up using the others I've accumulated over time.

Regards, Guy